𝟬𝟬𝟵. summoning the dead is creepy

chapter nine
summoning the dead is creepy

BEING TIED UP IN the corner of the room was not a part of Gabriella's ideal day

BEING TIED UP IN the corner of the room was not a part of Gabriella's ideal day. She felt like a rodeo animal, her ankles and wrists were roped together with her mouth gagged. She's been in a lot of weird situations these past days, and just when she thought it couldn't get any weirder, it gets weirder.

Meanwhile, while she and her friends were suffering, Geryon was in his KISS-THE-CHEF apron, cooking burgers on a barbecue grill. Eurytion was sitting on a picnic table, picking his fingernails with a knife.

Suddenly, Gabriella heard a voice yelling."Let them go! I cleaned the stables!" It was Percy.

Geryon turned to him. "Did you, now? How'd you manage it?"

Percy explained what happened to him. Geryon nodded appreciatively. "Very ingenious. It would've been better if you'd poisoned that pesky naiad, but no matter."

"Let my friends go," Percy repeated. "We had a deal."

"Ah, I've been thinking about that. The problem is, if I let them go, I don't get paid."

"You promised!"

Geryon made a tsk-tsk noise. "But did you make me swear on the River Styx? No you didn't. So it's not binding. When you're conducting business, sonny, you should always get a binding oath."

Percy drew his sword. Orthus growled. One head leaned down next to Grover's ear and bared its fangs.

"Eurytion," Geryon said, "the boy is starting to annoy me. Kill him."

Eurytion looked at him intensely, studying him. Gabriella didn't like the odds of Percy going against him and his big club.

"Kill him yourself," Eurytion suddenly decided.

Geryon raised his eyebrows. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me," Eurytion grumbled. "You keep sending me out to do your dirty work. You pick fights for no good reason, and I'm tired of dying for you. You want to fight the kid, do it yourself."

Geryon threw down his spatula. "You dare defy me? I should fire you right now!"

"And who'd take care of your cattle? Orthus, heel."

The dog quickly stopped growling at Grover and came to sit by the cowherd's feet.

"Fine!" Geryon snarled. "I'll deal with you later, after the boy is dead!"

He picked up two carving knives and threw them at Percy. He deflected each one with his sword. The other impaled itself in the picnic table an inch from Eurytion's hand.

Percy went to attack. Geryon blocked his first strike with a pair of red-hot tongs and lunged at his face with a barbecue fork. Percy then stabbed him right through the middle chest.