Now Urmila's eyes widen. She looks at Sumitra who is equally stunned.

"No.." Urmila whispered in a daze.

She looked at Preet and felt unknown fear and anger inside her.

She saw Preet coming out of the kitchen slowly looking tired and pale. And went upstairs not even looking at them for a second.

"Our fear has come true," Sumitra said with hatred as she looked at Urmila.

"Preet!!" Urmila let out an angry scream as she held her head between her hands.

Smiling at her phone, Preet looks at Veer with love.

"You seem tired," Veer asked, looking at her face through the screen.

"Really?" she said softly with a small smile.

"Did you overwork yourself?" He narrowed his eyes on her but she just chuckled.

"Why are you so worried, Veer? It's nothing like that. Also, I am not going to a restaurant these days," she told him.

"Why? Are you unwell?"

"No, I just don't feel this going anywhere these days. I become lazy since you have gone,"

He suddenly smirks at her, making her raise her eyebrow at him.

"Don't worry you won't feel lazy after I come. I will keep you busy with me…in our bed, what say, hmm?" Preet looks at him with wide eyes and slowly her cheeks turn into a deep red shade.

Veer chuckled at her flushed and embarrassed face.

"You know you look so beautiful with a blushing face just like a doll," she pouted, hiding a small smile that was threatening to come on her face.

"Don't talk stupid things with me. Did you have your dinner," she asked, distracting him from the topic.

"As long as I remember you enjoy when we do those stupid things,"

"Veer!!" she whined angrily, making him laugh.

"Oh yeah, I had my dinner, Biwi," he said, seeing her annoyed with his teasing.

She rolls her eyes but feels happy seeing him so playful.

They talk about his day and things from here and there.

"You should go to sleep now. You have a meeting tomorrow," Veer sighed loudly and nodded.

"Hmm, you also go to sleep,"
Preet smiles sadly, nodding her face.

"Come back soon," She said suddenly feeling emotion at the thought of not being able to feel his warmth and looking into his soft gaze.

"I will, don't worry. Take care," he assured in his soft gentle tone.

She nodded and smiled forcefully before he cut the call.

She hugged her phone to her chest leaned back against the couch and looked at the bright moon.

She stares blankly at the sky as her whole day flashes in her mind. No matter how much she told herself not to feel bad about their words and behavior but she couldn't help it. She considered Urmila like a mother figure and always cared for and respected her sincerely but seeing her hateful behavior she felt heartbroken and sad.

She can be tolerant if she hates her only. But more than her, she loathes Veer. The person she literally brought up and was like a mother to him. She was with him from his childhood and knows him better.

She sighs deeply feeling her head mess up all because of the chaos going on in her life.

Limping inside her bedroom she went to sleep after having a little snack which she ordered online.