Meeting the Umbrellas

(FIRST PERSON)

On the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 16 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible. He got 8 of them. 

Present: 

I was sitting in my room, reading an autobiography of some random author 12 days after I traveled back to our original timeline. Fei made sure to keep my room exactly how it was but I might have grown out of that by now. I am glad that I was given a name before I left, imagine calling me "Number 8" for the rest of my days. 

I heard the alarm in the house go off and I went to the balcony to check out who was in our house and saw the rest of my family, all wearing the red uniforms, including me, just smaller size. 

"This isn't your home." I heard Dad say. 

There were a group of 5 strange-looking adults and 1 cute teenager in a similar uniform, but different colors. He looked about my age. When I came out onto the balcony he looked at me flustered. Suddenly I snapped out of my thoughts and heard a darker woman with a cape start to speak. 

"What are you talking about? This is the Umbrella Academy."

"Wrong again." Dad spit back in a loud voice. "This... is the Sparrow Academy."

"Dad, who the hell are these assholes?" Ben snapped, glaring at the group.

"Shit." They all said, almost in unison.

"Ben. Is that really you? And who are the weirdos on the balcony?" A long-haired man with a black hat said, looking up at Ben. 

I was so confused about these people in our house. I examined all of them, one by one. One was a big muscular blonde man who stood there in an awkward position. The one beside him was another long-haired man, just shorter hair. He had a scar on his face and cool gear. He was pretty badass. There were two girls in the group. The darker one, who had bangs and a cape on her all-black outfit with gloves, and the lighter one who had black hair and a black outfit too. Then the teen with gorgeous hair with a uniform that was tight in a lot of places. Lastly, the weird man who claimed he knew Ben.

"They are the Sparrows. My children." Dad replied to the long-haired man.

"I'm sorry. What do you mean, your children? That's not possible, old man." The teenager said. 

"Of course it is! I think I'd know, wouldn't I?" He remarked

"Everybody else can see Ben, right?" One of the group members asked while we all wondered how they knew Ben's name.

"Cute hat, Sundance." Ben smirked sarcastically. 

"They call themselves the Umbrella Academy, a group of scheming, perfidious malcontents who accosted me in the fall of 1963 when I was away on business in Dallas. Be warned, they claim to be my spawn." Dad lifted his head and announced to us. We started walking down the stairs to stand in front of the bar, face-to-face with the group.

"Claim? Look, Five, what the hell is going on?" The darker girl said.

Ah, 'Five' Was his name. What they might be saying is true. They must've had names like we did.

"I don't know yet, but it's concerning." 'Five' responded to the man

"Is he telling the truth?"

"Not the part about us being perfidious."

"No, we're amateur-fidious, at best."

"But we are his children. This is our house." The lighter girl said

"Yeah, yeah. We, uh... We grew up here."

They were conversing between themselves trying to explain. I caught the boy staring at me again. 

"Yeah we grew up here" Ben mocked the group then chuckled. "I kind of think we would have noticed you."

"Hi. I'm Luther." The big one said, introducing himself like it would change anything. I made a mental note. 'Five', and 'Luther', I thought to myself.

"Okay. None of you belong here."

"I guess we'll just pack our bags and move out." Fei said, in a mocking voice.

Then we heard Christopher talk behind us in his gibberish language. 

"Oh you slay me Chris." Ben chuckles to himself.

"I wasn't expecting company." Grace said with a sigh. "This is the best I could do on short-- Short... Short notice." She started to glitch again. I felt frustrated at her glitches because I thought Sloane had fixed it. Grace was such a sweet robot, so I wasn't mad at her.

"Mom." The other long-haired one muttered.

"Mom? She's a robot, you perv." Jayme said.

"It's not a robot."

"Hey, don't you call him that."

"Or what?"

"Come closer and find out."

"Luther! Guys, chill!"

"Think I'm afraid?"

"Stand down, Ben."

"Look at that! She's got a voice! How about I hide that big Rubik's Cube up your ass?"

"Enough!"

Jayme had enough and spit venom on the shaggy man who called Grace 'mom' then blew a kiss as the man touched his cheek. He indeed started hallucinating afterward.

"I don't know what circus you escaped from or how you got past our security, but we're done here."

"You got 30 seconds to get out of our house."

"And if we don't?"

"Then we'll have to settle this the old-fashioned way."

"Look, we just fought a literal army."

"Okay? This doesn't need to get ugly. Let's all just calm down, and let's talk."

I felt bad because these people were certainly confused and I was just being stared at by the darker woman as she whispered to Five. She grinned and he just shook his head.

"Psst. Ben-er-ino."

"You look so much better alive than you do dead. Am I right? Except that haircut."

"What the hell did you just say?"

"Come on, come on. Stop with all the hostility, Mr. Grumpy Pants. Oh wow. Nice scar. Muy macho."

"Shut your mouth!"

"You shut your mouth and just hug your brother--" The man was backhanded by Ben and dramatically rolled across the table.

"Hey! What the hell?"

"You didn't have to do that!"

"Oh, I'm pretty sure I did!"

"He did."

"Get back!" Marcus shouted

"Luther, hey! Back off!" The lighter woman instructed

The next thing I knew we were all fighting. Bad idea to go up against me and my siblings. I was fighting.