💚Daryl- Last Man Standing

Y/n never knew her daddy. Not really. His name was will dixon. He was an abuser and a drunk. What more did she need to know? She lived with her mother her entire life, only seeing her father on very rare occasions. But her brothers were something different. Her mother, Gina, wanted to run as far away from will dixon as she could. But the dixon brothers convinced her to move just a few streets down. They visited their baby sister whenever they could, daryl more than merle. And when the apocalypse came, the first place they went was to the house of their 15 year old sister and her mother.

Now, y/n was staying in a prison with daryl. Merle had been left behind on a run and Gina refused to leave his side as the others ran. Y/n has concluded that they were dead, even if daryl believed they were alive. The new world was eating her up inside. Everything was wrong and it was becoming clear that she was struggling. Of course, everyone was having issues mentally. It was difficult not knowing if some friends or family are dead or alive. But y/n was different. Whilst they could laugh and tell jokes, she could even give them a small smile.

"Y/n, get up. Loris got some school work for ya," daryl said, rubbing his sisters shoulders to wake her up, but she refused to get up. Daryl sighed, sitting down on her bed, forcing her to move over for him

"You're not gonna get up are ya?" When she didn't answer, he stood up angrily, making her jump

"You ain't the only person who's suffering y/n. We're all going through the same shit as you. Just get up, get dressed, and be grateful lori is still helping you despite the baby" Lori kept Carl up on his education and daryl wanted the same thing for y/n. When he noticed she was crying, he suddenly felt bad and sat back down on the bed, rubbing her back gently

"I'm sorry. I just...I can't have you moping around all day. OK? You ain't in a fit state to run. I need your head clear incase something happens,"

"I don't care" y/n whispered

"Fuck you say?"

"I said, I don't care. What are we doing? We're spending every god damn day terrified that it may be our last. I don't wanna die being ripped apart by those walkers! Running constantly, sleeping with one eye open, it ain't living daryl. That's surviving. And I don't want that. I don't wanna spend the rest of my life wondering, 'when's it gonna be me?'. This prison ain't my fucking home and those people ain't my family. They just ain't! What's gonna happen as the years go by? Meet other groups. Lose more people. You heard what randals group did to those 2 girls! Walkers ain't the only thing to be scared of. I don't know who I can trust anymore. We're just gonna get older and slower, until eventually we become one of them. There is nothing to look forward to anymore. I don't know what to do," y/n snapped, finally giving up hope.

"Look, if you wanna go....I want you to know that its OK. I ain't gonna stop ya. You've got a gun. You've got bullets. I'm not taking them off ya. You're right, the world's gone to shit and I don't blame ya for wanting to leave. So go ahead. Leave"

"You ain't gonna stop me?" Y/n asked

"You want me to stop you?"

"No"

"Then I ain't. If the world wasn't like this, then of course I'd stop ya. I'd jump infront of the fucking Bullet. But, I understand that there ain't much to live for. I want you to stay y/n, I really do. I just don't know how to convince you that the world ain't all bad when I'm not fully convinced myself. So go ahead, you do whatever you gotta do. Maybe, if you hang on, we could find ya mama and merle-"

"She left me. I ain't surprised about merle. He was leaving us all the fucking time. But mama fucking left me. When merle stole the van, she went with him and never came back to camp. If I see her, I'll put her down myself, walker or not." Daryl wrapped his arm around her shoulder and kissed the side of her head before getting up and leaving her in the cell.

He didn't know what to do. He wanted her to go. It sounds horrible. But daryl knew that this world was killing her slowly and painfully. He wanted her by his side but he couldn't bring himself to deny her the right to escape it all. So he left the decision up to her.

A few hours later, y/n came out of her cell and walked over to daryl who was sat down eating alone. She wrapped her arms around him from behind and gave him a kiss on the cheek

"You staying?" He asked, no hope in his voice

"I'm staying. But I want you to have this," she handed him a letter and he instantly gave it back

"No. I don't want no damn letter telling me why you want to kill yourself. Most people wait until they're dead ya know," he scoffed

"It ain't a suicide letter daryl! It's just, I'm only 15. I can't hunt. I can't shoot. I can't drive. If we get separated or...or I can't keep up, then the letter is there for ya. Daryl, I ain't built for this world but imma hang on for as long as I can. I promise," he hugged her tightly, kissing her head and not letting go

"I ain't leaving ya. You're my baby sis. I'm gonna protect ya for as long as it's needed. That's a promise"

It was only a few days later when some walkers got Lose in the prison. Y/n was with Carol and t dog at the time. After finding t dogs dead body with no sight of y/n or Carol, daryl still had hope. He kept searching the prison for them both. When he found Carol hidden away in the cupboard, his first question was asking if his baby sister was alright. The tears in carols eyes as she weakly shook her head tipped him over the edge. Still, he got Carol out safely until he was sat in his cell that he shared with y/n, holding the letter in his hands.

It took alot of courage for him to open the letter, but he did it after alot of procrastinating.

To daryl,
I don't know when you're reading this, or what happened to me, but I want you to know that it ain't your fault. I know you. And I know that you have protected me for as long as you could. But this was bound to happen eventually. Thank you for everything. I ain't just talking about when the world went to shit. I mean EVERYTHING. I still remember when you taught me how to ride a bike. Merle was my cheerleader as you held the back of the bike. Even if I did scrape my knee, watching you and merle argue over who's fault it was made all the pain melt away. I never loved our daddy, after all he was a cruel man. But I didn't need him. You were more of a father to me than that man ever was, and merle was that drunk uncle who turns up every now and then, drunk and broke but surviving nonetheless. You gotta fight like hell now daryl. Because I know, you're gonna be the last man standing. They always said, nothing can kill merle except merle. And they were wrong. But of this, I'm sure...when civilisation rebuilds itself, you're gonna live life for me. I wish I was there with you to see the world get better. Just remember one thing. Don't ever forget who you are. You're a dixon, the only dixon left. Our name has always been looked down upon. But now, you have the chance to make it a name worth having. Daryl Dixon. The man who saved the world. I love you with all my heart, even if I don't tell you enough.

Y/n Dixon

Ps: if you want to name your first child after me, then would totally be OK

He did what she said. Daryl lived life for her, for his baby sister. And by God's good name, he planned on carrying on until he truly was the last man standing