"Then we should blow up his car, I'll do it." Zeke offered, the tip of his fingertips glowing red.

"Hey, don't do that," Steve whispered, shouted, and Zeke fingers went back to normal.

Zeke turned his head and looked at Steve, "Don't do that at school. You'll get caught."

"Yes, I know. I'll get taken to planet fifty one. By the way, when are we going to rescue those aliens?" Zeke questioned, rather serious that Steve couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

"Aliens aren't real, Zeke." Steve shut his locker, turning to face him.

"Hopper said they were real. Are you saying that Hopper lied?" Zeke asked, pushing himself off the locker,

"Yes, adults lie about many things. You should know that by now." Steve replied as the two started walking down the hallway again.

"Wait, what?" Zeke questioned in disbelief,

How many things Hopper has told him that was a lie?

"Wait, is Santa Claus real?" Zeke asked, and Steve glanced at him, seeing those innocent eyes staring back at him.

Before Steve could reply, zeke was roughly bumped into by none other than Billy hargrove.

"Watch it, Freak." Billy spat out, and Zeke raised an eyebrow at him before glancing around before he pointed a finger at himself.

"Freak? Me?"

Billy scoffed, "Yes, you. Why are you standing in the middle of the hallway?"

"Hey, leave him alone. You're the one who bumped into him." Steve spoke up, defending zeke.

He glared at Billy, and Billy glared at him when he turned to look at him.

"I wasn't talking to you. So, butt out!" Billy told him,

"Yeah, well, you bumped into my friend and called him a freak. It's my business, now, asshole." Steve said,

Billy scoffed-chuckled, "Really?"

"Hey," Zeke tapped Billy's shoulder, and Billy turned to look at him, only for zeke to punch him in the face.

Students around them gasped in shock, and Steve looked at zeke with wide eyes , "Dude!"

Zeke titled his head confused, "What? Wasn't that supposed to be the part where I punched him?"

"No! You only punch people if they punch you first." Steve told him and glanced at Billy, who wiped his nose with the back of his hand as blood dripped down his nose.

Billy glared at zeke, "You're gonna get it now, freak."

Zeke blinked, "Um..get what?"

Billy curled his hand into a fist before punching zeke,

"Oh, shit!"

"Fight, fight!"

🥤

"...irresponsible!" Jim Hopper shook his head as he walked into the cabin followed by zeke.

"Look on the bright side, I didn't blow him up." Zeke closed the door behind him.

He had a bruise on his right cheek with a cut on his lip, and his left knuckles were bruised.

"Look on the bright side.." Hopper cut himself off with a laugh ,"this kid." He muttered to himself, shaking his head.

Zeke walked over to the fridge, opening it and taking out a soda can.

"You are grounded." Hopper firmly told him, expecting zeke to agrue with him.

"Uh, okay." Zeke replied, opening the soda can.

He didn't know what grounding was, but it didn't sound so bad.

Hopper stared at him for a second before sighing, "Okay,"

"I have to get back to work, so please, stay out of trouble. There's money on the counter if you and El get hungry later, order some pizza," Hopper told him,

"And for the love of God, try not to blow up the pizza guy again."

🥤

1040 words

First chapter!

Thoughts?