Hounded

Michonne had a feel since the moment she left Woodbury that the Governor might send someone out there after her. She wasn't sure what made her so sure of it she just had a feeling.

She also knew she didn't have to worry about it straight away though. It was almost dark by the time she had left and she knew the Governor wouldn't send someone out until it was light out.

So she had found somewhere to spend the night and she had gotten as good a night sleep as she could out there, preparing for what she was going to do the next day.

She isn't sure how the idea of cutting up some walkers to leave a message to them came to her just that once it was in her head she knew that was what she had to do.

So while she was making her way away from Woodbury in the forest she had found a suitable walker and killed it. Once slice through the head and it was down and ready for her to do what she wanted to do to it.

Her suspicion were conformed only ten minutes after she had finished setting up her little message.

The sound of Merle's voice was something she had leaned while she was in Woodbury and it carried far.

She had enough time to get hidden and watch as they tried to work out what her little message meant.

She could hear them all talking through the trees and she could hear it as one member of the little search party worked it out, she could also hear as he freaked out about all of this.

That was when she took her chance.

When she saw that Merle was distracted with dealing with the kid she attacked.

Killing the first two were easy, she had killed the first one before Merle had even had the chance to spot her.

But as she was killing the second guy Merle had turned around and was aiming his gun at her.

She used the body of the person she had just killed as a shield before she ran off into the forest once again.

Two down two more to go.

But the fight wasn't without injury, one of Merle's shots grazed the side of her leg and as she was running she could hear him behind her.

She just had to hope that her leg would hold out for long enough for her to get away.

****************************************

Daryl had wanted nothing more than to go and look for Rick that night, as soon as the baby was fed and clothed.

But then Glenn had pulled him aside and told him what state Rick was in.

Daryl had always thought he had seen Rick at his worst, but by the sounds it now was worse than anything he had ever seen from his husband before.

Daryl had originally still planned to go and look for him, he couldn't leave his husband out there in the prison all night on his own.

But then he had looked over at his son and he knew he couldn't leave Carl right now.

He had thanked Maggie for coming with him and what she did with Lori before excusing himself and Carl.

He hated the thought of sleeping in one of those cells but he could spend the night sat in there with his son.

He would go looking for Rick in the morning, for right now his son looked traumatised and depressed and he was needed here for him.

Rick knew how to look after himself and he would be fine.

At least that was what Daryl had to say over and over again in his mind all night long.

He knew it was true but just the thought that he was leaving his husband like that was eating him alive.