He can't leave his son on his own like this.

"Hey kid." Daryl said his voice soft as he kneeled down on the floor in front of the eleven year old. "Look at me."

Carl does as his dad tells him and he looks up from the baby in his arms. "Aunt Lori's dead."

"I know kid." Daryl reached his hand out to place in on Carl's shoulder. "I look I'll be back as soon as I can be okay, but this baby needs food and I have to get it. Okay."

"Is dad going to be okay?" Carl asked as he briefly looked over towards the prison.

"I'll make sure he is when I come back, okay. Right now I need you to stay with Hershel and Beth and make sure this baby is okay. We have to look after her now kid and I'm gonna need your help with that." Daryl hated putting pressure on his son like this but he needed to make sure Carl understood, he couldn't be worried that the kid was going to try and sneak off and look for Rick while he was gone. "You stay with Hershel and Beth and I will make sure dad's okay when I get back, got it Carl."

"Got it." Carl nodded slowly as he looked back at his dad. "I'll keep the baby safe."

"I know you will kid." Daryl leaned forward to place a soft kiss on his son's forehead before he pushed himself back up into a standing position and rushed to follow Glenn and Maggie down to the cars.

They didn't have much time till it got dark and they needed to get the baby food.

"There's a piggly wiggly on 85." Glenn pointed out as Daryl finally caught back up to them.

"No, the baby section's been cleared." Maggie was quick to turn down that idea, she had been in there on a scouting mission not too long ago and the only baby thing there had been a few pieces of clothes, they would need that for the baby but it wasn't there number one need right now.

"Lori had been asking me to my eye out whenever we went scouting, I haven't had much luck though." Maggie revealed and Daryl had to agree with her. He had been on the lookout for baby stuff when he went on a scouting mission.

"Is there any place that hasn't been completely looted?" Maggie had gone on a lot more scouting missions to shops then he had so Daryl was hoping she had been able to spot something he hadn't been able to.

When Maggie just continued to walk and didn't say anything Glenn looked over at Daryl and said, "We saw signs of a shopping centre not that far north of here."

Maggie shock her head as she opened the door to the car. "Yeah, but there's too much debris on the road. A car will never get through there."

"I can take one of you." Daryl pointed out as he got his motorcycle ready.

Maggie knew she needed to be the one to do this, "I'll go."

"No Maggie." Glenn walked over towards his girlfriend and softly carried on. "After everything you've been through, okay, I can go, I'll go."

Maggie shock her head, she needed to be the one to go and do this, she needed it. "I want to go, for Lori I have to go."

"Okay." Glenn agreed although he wasn't too happy about it he knew Maggie was more than able to handle herself. "I love you, be safe."

Glenn pulled Maggie in for a quick kiss before he handed her the rucksack and watched as she got onto the back of Daryl's motorcycle and then continued to watch as the two of them drove away.

All he could do was hope that everything went okay and that the two of them made it back okay.

**************************************************