Level 1: Princess_User24

Author's Note:

Our FMC, Abbie starts as a caricature of herself. This is how she copes with her crippling anxiety and atychiphobia. Atychiphobia is a severe fear of losing. This is a trauma response she's had from a distressing event when she was a child. It's heightened, and to cope with the overwhelming sensations, Abbie challenges anyone to anything. Fueled by poverty, this has evolved to her trading higher and higher stakes. The phobia has given her an alter ego where she has chosen to challenge dangerous criminals.

Abbie has exercised and troubleshooted her "luck" to a point where she can feel high chances of winning or losing. 

In conclusion, Abigail is a terrible friend to play games with but the best person to bring with you on a Las Vegas trip.

My Valentine's Virus can be read as a standalone

PRINCESS_USER24.

Ever wish you had the power to hit Forward in life and skip to the juice already? I do. This shit's exhausting.

I'm in a surreal inner fight with my body to get out of bed. This makes me mull over everything that's gotten me to this point by accident.

Everyone has been in some monotonous rut for a million years with no way out but to wait.

Waiting. Wishing. Wanting. I mean—what else is there to do?

That may be the hole these other walking cadavers want to fall into, but I got tired of being on Pause all the time. So, so, so tired.

That's when a violent fire pleading within my soul convinced me to quit my abusive job and move halfway across the country here to Crimson Raven University—my dream college.

That, and a more nefarious purpose—I've been tracking someone down for over six years, Baiting them.

And although I don't need a degree for what I already do, technology grows. I'm subscribed to Universal Tech News—or UTN for short. It keeps me updated, but it can only take me so far. I needed a secondary goal.

I've been ethically hacking since I was old enough to operate a screen. My code-obsessed brain gravitated to it, and I've spurred a private following larger than Anonymous. Okay, maybe not that huge, but someday.

Each dollar I saved—if I'm being honest, was that week's paycheck—flew me straight to Oregon. I nailed a full-ride scholarship for my cybersecurity major. With this, I receive access to boarding, meals, and the nation's best computers. Buses don't charge us, and honestly, that doesn't sound so bad. What's really bad is I know little to nothing about the chirpy state other than from New Girl.

My favorite sitcom plays on my TV in the background like a podcast while I convince myself this will all work out in my mind.

I gawk at the ceiling fan. I relate to the boundlessness that is Schmidt while cold tears dive into my eardrums. The tip of my nose tingles as my lungs slowly fill with sticky air.

Classes can't officially start until next week, and even though my stomach does a cha-cha of excitement at the prospect, I don't have a dime to my name.

I've monetized my hacking as a main hustle in the meantime. The checks will take a week to enter my account.

By selling my talents to various corporations that scream out for it, I've been able to make enough cash to afford coffee every day. I rescue files that were swiped from below their noses. It's usually done by other hackers, hired by rivals, or unethical bugs that make easy money. They do it by blackmailing them into giving them millions—or billions for their safe return.