The Tiago Estate

"Hey Frankie, do you happen to know where that Mariana lives?" Dahlia asked.

Frankie paused for a second but tried not to make it noticeable.

"Yes." Frankie answered truthfully, only to see if she'd let him know why she wanted to visit Mariana.

"May I have it?" Dahlia asked.

"Her address?" Frankie responded.

"Yes."

Frankie thought about it for a second.

"I'll tell you where she is, not where she lives." Frankie said finishing the conversation.

Dahlia pulled up to a house that seemed to have its own neighborhood. The yard was huge with a glass greenhouse in the front. She couldn't really make out everything because she waiting until it was a little dark. The gates were locked and she noticed there was a guard at the gate, inside a booth. Along with him were two men, who looked Hispanic. One had long hair, and the other had waves you could see from a distance. They both had on short black sleeve shirts with, what Dahlia could see black cargos.

Dahlia turned around and parked her car down the street. She walked back up to Mr. Santiago's home and went around the back of it. To her if felt like she was walking miles but the scenery was beautiful. She could see the city from the spot she was at on the other side of the wall. When she finally reached the back of the house, she lifted herself up to climb the brick and managed to get on top of the wall. She admired the back of his home. It was beautiful. A built in full size rectangular pool, and a full size outside basketball court with baskets on either side filled her eyes with amazement.

"Shoot. I could bring the kids here. They'd have a field day." She said grabbing the box she brought with her and climbing down the wall.

Santiago watch Dahlia from a camera in his office. A smile appeared on his face. He seen her when she'd first pulled up at his home. It didn't alarm him that she'd come without and invitation, it made him smile. He knew that she wasn't here for him because Frankie had let him know, but he was excited to see that someone had taken a liking to Mariana. He noticed the small things about all the women around him. And the day Mariana went out with Dahlia she came back with a certain joy that he hadn't seen in a while. He wanted to let Mariana go and be free to be her own woman, get married, have children, but Marianas loyalty to Santiago was unmatched. She'd leave whenever she knew he was in good hands.

Dahlia looked around the backyard, then up at the house to see which window she might find Mariana in. She'd seen her walk through a hallways bridge sort of thing and they both locked eyes. Dahlia waved with excitement but Mariana was alarmed. She didn't want Santiago seeing Dahlia because he clearly didn't know she was here. She rushed downstairs and into the backyard.

"What are you doing here?" Mariana said with a loud whisper yell.

"Well, hi to you too Mariana." Dahlia said with a smile that comforted Mariana.

"What?" Mariana asked Dahlia. She was trying to hurry this encounter up so Dahlia wouldn't be seen.

"I got something for you." Dahlia lifted the box up that was wrapped in a red bow and gave it to Mariana.

"Okay now get out of here before he sees you." Mariana said. Dahlia rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. Make sure you open that and keep it." Dahlia said smiling. Mariana didn't respond. She turned to walk back in the house before turning around to see Dahlia standing there.

"Go!" Mariana said with a loud whisper yell.

"Are you going to wear it?" Dahlia asked. Mariana rolled her eyes.

"Yes, now go!" Mariana replied.

"Promise." Dahlia said.

"No."

"Promise."

"No."

"Promise."

"Okay! I promise I'll keep it. Now get out of here before I be the reason you don't see me in it." Mariana responded. Dahlia smiled.

"Bye Bookie Wookie." Dahlia said going back towards the wall. Mariana chucked and they both laughed before Mariana disappeared.

Dahlia tried to find a good spot where she could climb over the wall. She looked for the design in the brick layered wall that stuck out a bit. She started to climb, and after the second step she heard a voice that gave her warm chills.

"I could take you through the front door." Diego said with a smile. Dahlia turned around to see Diego dressed down in a black Chanel Givenchy shirt, black pants, and black Givenchy slippers. Dahlia didn't respond for a second.

"Mm."

"Im fine I'll just head on over." She responded, letting out a grunt, lifting herself up. He laughed.

"Come on. I'll walk you to the gate." He insisted. He held out his hand and when Dahlia grabbed it he helped her down. He pulled her a little closer to him so she would scrape her back and felt her body relax in his arms. He appreciated her comfortability toward him but let her go quickly. They made their way to the side of the house in silence until Diego broke it.

"You know you don't have to sneak in, I would've let you in." He said smiling down at Dahlia while putting his hands in his pocket. Dahlia looked up at him to see his beautiful, white teethed smile. She blushed and put her hair behind her ear.

"Yeah." She said not trying to contain her smile because it was inevitable.

"I seen you when you first pulled up and made that u-turn." Diego admitted. Dahlias mouth dropped.

"So why didn't you come when you seen me struggle getting over that wall?" She asked with laughter.

"I wanted to see how far you'd go." Diego answered. Dahlia smiled.

They talked the whole way to the gate, which was about 20 minutes but Dahlia enjoyed the conversation so much that it felt like 1 minute to her. When she finally made it to the gate Diego motioned for them to let her out and he watched her walk through the gate as he walked backwards.

"Come back and visit my estate sometime." He said walking backwards with a smile and his arms out. Dahlia turned around, she couldn't help but be attracted to the man she seen.

"As long as I don't have to climb any walls." She said with a smile.

"Make sure she gets to her car, John." Diego said to the man in the booth by the gate. He shook his head and Diego made his way back into his home.