𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

"I can do this!"

She really couldn't but hopefully repeating that long enough would change that. Taking a deep breath, Charlie took the test out of the box and started to read the instructions although this wasn't the first time she was doing this.

Making sure that Aurora was still sleeping, Charlie went to the bathroom and peed in the stick, leaving the door open just in case. Then she waited three minutes while trying not to have a mental breakdown every second because she couldn't afford to get those right now.

Perhaps she shouldn't have done this alone because she definitely could have used someone to talk with and someone to calm her down. Unfortunately, there weren't that many people to choose from.

Now she was all alone, hands shaking, mind full of all the worst scenarios that could happen after this because this could change everything. Especially how things had gone lately, Charlie had a feeling that she wouldn't get a lot of support but maybe Mason could surprise her and even think of this as a gift, something to love.

This couldn't be happening but it was because the test was positive.

Positive pregnancy test.

She was pregnant.

Fuck!

How the hell did this happen? After Aurora, they made sure to use condoms because as much as she loved children, another baby was the last thing they needed right now. Even without Mason here she just knew that he would agree with her.

Hell, they had barely had any sex after Aurora was born! It wasn't only because Mason was almost always out but because their relationship hadn't been the best in a long time. It seemed that neither of them had much time for each other lately.

Despite that, they would make this work. They had to. Or else she would make this work alone.

Although her boyfriend Mason Tate wasn't as involved with their daughter as she had hoped for, she was hopeful that he wouldn't react badly to this. Surprised and even shocked for sure but he would eventually enjoy becoming a father again.

Yeah because he has loved being Rory's Dad so much, her mind reminded her sarcastically.

Now she just had to figure out how to tell a twenty-three years old man that they would have an another baby in about eight months when their first-born would be barely two. That was every man's dream, right?

At least both of them had graduated from college already because studying and preparing for exams with not only one child but two would have been quite challenging to say the least.

She could still remember the feeling of shame in the graduation when she had been nine months pregnant, feeling everyone's judgemental eyes on her. There were hundreds of times when she had thought about dropping out but her parents had forced her to continue, not letting her to give up on her dreams and well-earned degree.

Yes, Aurora had been a surprise after they had met on June before he senior year but she wouldn't change it for anything. It took them less than two months to get pregnant ane she was now one year old. As much as it hurt her to admit, Mason was still very distant with her.

That man never really spent any time with Aurora or got to know her, learn what her personality was, and what she liked or disliked. Not that he had done that with Charlie either, though.

When it came to taking care of Aurora, he very rarely helped and only fed her or changed her diaper after Charlie reminded him of that. She couldn't recall if he had ever woken up in the middle of the night to be with Aurora or even played with her.