𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥

After spending more than ten hours at work almost every day for the past month, he finally gave himself permission to leave at 8pm which he immediately felt guilty about.

While he knew that it was a reasonable time to go home, Fabian kept thinking about all the work he could have done. But Nora had wanted to finally start planning their wedding.

And by planning, he meant she chose almost everything and he pretended that he had a choice. Fabian didn't really care what kind of wedding they would have, all that mattered was that it was Nora's dream wedding. And that his father was happy and proud.

"I can't decide! There are like million things to worry about and we haven't even gotten the place. Should we give up and hire a wedding planner?" She was looking at dozens of different wedding magazines on the table.

"Whatever you want." He wasn't really listening because he was trying to do some extra work on his laptop. He realized a few seconds too late that she was staring at him and didn't look happy.

"So apparently I'm planning a wedding just for me? I guess I can also marry myself," Nora mumbled childishly. Sighing, he saved the work and closed the laptop. She was right about him working too much and not paying enough attention.

"Sorry, I'm done now. Did you say something about a wedding planner?" Fabian was hoping that he didn't miss too much of what she had said.

Rolling her eyes, she started to explain instead of arguing. "I just don't know if I want to stress about this all, it's just ruining this whole wedding. What do you think?"

"I don't care about what kind of wedding we have. If you want a big, fancy wedding with five hundred guests, fine. If you want to be alone and do it at the grocery store with only a priest, fine. But let's get the planner, okay? Neither of us is patient enough for this," he chuckled, making her nod in agreement.

"Let's just focus on finding a perfect date. Is this summer too soon? August? That would give us eleven months to plan everything and book a place." She was looking at him as if he had planned hundreds of weddings and knew how much time they needed.

"I don't know!" Fabian raised his voice accidentally, unable to stop himself from feeling almost like... anxiety from all of this. "It sounds a bit too soon, right?"

"I don't know either. August could be our plan A, let's say, the first weekend. Do you have anything planned for that? Any work or family stuff or...?"

"Not sure but if I already have meetings then I'll just reschedule, okay?" Fabian answered, knowing that it was the only right answer. He really wasn't in the mood to start yet another fight.

"If the wedding planner says that it's too soon, we wait a whole year or get married in the spring or winter? I have always imagined a summer wedding but waiting for a year? I don't know about that..." Nora was clearly having her doubts about marrying in winter and he wasn't exactly jumping from excitement either.

When he had agreed to his parents' suggestion about proposing, Fabian hadn't fully realized what everything it meant. Marriage! Now that the day was getting closer and closer, he was freaking out. Could he do this? Get married and stay married to someone he didn't even love?

But people did that all the time all over the world, right? And most of them ended up being happy without any regrets, right?

They still didn't decide anything but they did make some research and tried to find the best wedding planners in Boston using Google. Then they called her and booked an appointment for next week, excited to finally get this started.

Or, at least Nora was.

"Now that that's done, how about we go to bed and relax," she whispered seductively to his ear and started kissing his neck. It drove him crazy! Although he may not love her, he still cared about her and their physical relationship had always satisfied him.