𝟏𝟗

𝟏𝟗 - 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒍𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒑𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒏

Parvati changed back from her Prowler form and quietly followed Pavitr as he swung from building to building. There was something bothering him and she wanted to know what was wrong. She didn't like seeing him in tension. 

He stopped swinging on top of the apartment she lived in, so she took the elevator to the top floor, waiting as it slowly lifted her from the ground. Eventually she reached, and she stepped out onto the roof of the building through the small door. Sitting on the edge of a side, Pavitr had his head in his hands. She walked over to him slowly and gently sat beside him.

'You good?' asked Parvati.

Pavitr looked up, his mask obscuring his expressions, 'Yeah I'm fine.'

'No you're not. And I can see it.'

'How do you know? You can't see my expressions.'

She sighed, 'I- I can read people's emotions well. I can tell you're not okay,' she placed a light hand on his shoulder, 'I swear I won't tell anyone else your problems.'

He sighed, letting his head drop. The warm winds of Mumbhattan raced across the skyline, bringing the scent of spices and dust along with it. It was a homely scent, and Parvati felt instantly calm as she breathed it in, letting it fill up her insides.

'You and your group saved Mumbhattan,' she said quietly, 'We could've experienced devastating results, but you guys made everyone safe. Nobody is dead, nobody's in hospital.'

'The bridge is broken. Tons of buildings are wrecked. Alchemax doesn't even exist anymore! They've lost all their information now!' 

'Hey hey be real, Spidey,' Parvati stretched out her legs, 'You really think an organisation so technologically advanced like Alchemax would have their entire database of information stored on paper or on several CPUs? They have an entire cloud system!'

'What? They have stuff stored up in the... clouds?' Pavitr looked up and the sky, confused.

'Nooo!' Parvati burst into laughter, 'You have your system resources and information stored on the Internet! If you have access to the internet, you can have everything at your fingertips instead of busily searching for files on a desktop app.'

'Oh,' he nodded, 'Yeah- yeah I knew that. I was just testing your knowledge. Which seems to be plentiful. Good job.'

She chuckled slightly, before suddenly frowning, 'Ay. Don't change the topic. I know what you're trying to do and manoeuvring from what we're actually meant to be talking about is not going to help.'

'Don't you ever feel that feeling when you've achieved something momentous but yet you don't focus on the achievements, but you rather focus on what you didn't achieve?' he kept shooting webs at the wall of the building across them.

'Mhm?'

'That's how I feel. Like, sure, no one ended up dying, but there certainly were injuries. Some that were so bad that they had to be sent to the hospital! And the fact that the damages of all the buildings are going to cost hundreds of millions of rupees to fix. Mumbhattan's still recovering from all the expenses of that terrorist attack, only to have even more buildings wrecked now. I just feel like I have placed the city more into debt and failed everyone just because I couldn't get my head straight in time or work up the strength to stop that Alchemax building from falling into the river under the main bridge,' Pavitr finished his little word vomit with his voice cracking slightly.