𝟏𝟓

𝟏𝟓 - 𝑨 𝑷𝒉𝒚𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒔 𝑳𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝟐

Parvati's intuition suddenly kicked in and she started paying attention. Inter-dimensional travel was something that always interested her. Finding out how to break the threads of space and time to explore different variants of worlds and people tingled that satisfied part of her brain. Pavitr gently slid his notes towards her, and she started copying them into her book. 

After giving a non-sufficient amount of time for the students to take notes, the teacher switched on the projector and a video flashed to life. It was currently paused and portrayed an Indian man in front of a whiteboard halfway through a greeting. Pavitr hid a smirk under his hands at the man's funny paused expression. The teacher pressed play.

The first half of the video was boring, as the man was talking about physics and formulas that they were already aware of, so Parvati, as usual, zoned out on her pen, spinning it along her fingers. Pavitr gently nudged her shoulder, slipping a small piece of paper into her hands. She opened the note.

Wanna go out after school? Get some chai?

She wrote back: You asking me out?

He grinned as he read her reply: Maybe. Depends on how you're taking it.

How do you want me to take it?

I'm asking you out. Yeah it's simple request, but very effective in improving this situation-ship we've got going on.

Parvati blushes: Wait actually????

Yup. Suprise! Do you want to go out with me? Circle yes or no --->  YES    NO

Parvati circles yes with a slightly shaking hand and returns the note. Pavitr reads it and his face lights up. Grinning happily, he slipped the note into one of his blazer pockets and resumed watching the physics video. Parvati did the same, smiling as she's gotten her first date somehow within the matter of five minutes.

'Here at Alchemax, we strive to figure a way to cross between dimensions and study how they differ between ours,' the man in the video explained, 'We have built machines known as "Super Colliders" which we run tests on."

On the screen came a photo of the so-called "Super Collider". Parvat thought it was a funny looking thing and assumed the reaction of the experiment to happen at the tiny gadget hanging on a metal pipe, suspended in the ample space between the two machines. Her suspicions were proven right when the machines spun around quickly and blasted some sort of pink and orange substance at the gadget. After a few seconds, there was a mass of black matter in the middle, growing larger and larger before it all suddenly disappeared.

The Indian man came back, 'What you just witnessed was a reaction to create Dark Matter, which is a key catalyst in opening portals to other dimensions. For now, it is too dangerous to make the portal bigger or send someone through it. So we're working on the technology to make it safer.'

'Obviously, we're creating these portals on a big scale. Maybe to send many people or even large objects through. But creating these portals on a smaller level is possible as well if you just want to send only one or two people at a time through it,' he continued, 'But for that you will need smaller versions of this technology, preferably the size which could fit in a simple watch.'

Parvati noticed Pavitr stiffening slightly at that. Only for a split-second though, and then he went back to his lazed form. The Scientist's watch materialised in her mind' eye. That was watch-sized and looked as though it could do more than just tell the time or keep track of one's health. And Pavitr had the same watch. Though Parvati was sceptical on the fact that Pavitr could be sailing through different dimensions. In her mind, he seemed like the person to somehow mess it up and end up with half his body in one dimension, the other half in another, and one foot in the middle of nowhere.

After they were dismissed for the break, Parvati jogged back to her room and pulled out the watch from where it was shoved in between her mattress and the concrete wall. She sat down, facing her back to the entrance of the dorm to make sure if anyone comes in, they wouldn't see what she was doing. Upon, inspecting that watch, Parvati found out that the screen of it could extend to show something bigger. She pressed the red button on the bottom-right corner many times, and the watch flickered into life on around the tenth push. 

Parvati blinked in slight shock, and pressed the same button again, hoping that it would do something. But the screen kept displaying the message Access Denied. Access to what? It was just a watch. She pressed the button many, many times before finally giving up and bashing the thing against the wall. It worked whenever the remote of her TV wasn't working, so there was no excuse as to why it wouldn't work with this. 

Access Granted.

Parvati wasn't expecting that. It actually worked. Maybe this watch really was like her TV remote.

The watch opened up a much bigger screen full of information she didn't even have the foggiest of what it meant. She didn't press anything, but rather used to fingers to move around sort of map displayed on it. After exploring around a little more and she was able to figure out what was going on.

Your current location: Earth 50101, Mumbhattan. That was where she was at. "Earth 50101". She assumed that meant the number of which earth she was on.

Base: Earth 928: Nueva York. Parvati didn't know what on earth that place was. 928 was the number of the earth, but there was only one earth she knew of. Unless 928 was in a completely different dimension, which was the conclusion she was starting to lean towards.

There were more earths for her to view as well: Earth 1610, Earth 65, Earth 138... the list went on and on. Parvati assumed that she had the entire universe in her hands through this watch and could visit any of them at any one time.

She could travel to different universes at her pleasure. 

***

A/N

I know nothing about Physics so I wrote some random shit :D

By the way, I left a little easter egg for Spiderverse in this chapter... I'm sure y'all figured it out.

Stay tuned!

-Jiya. A