𝟎𝟏

𝟎𝟏 - 𝑰𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒂𝒏 𝑺𝒑𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒏

It seemed to happen within the span of milliseconds. There was a flash of blue and red above her, and the shout of a teenage boy.

'I wouldn't do that if I were you, my friend!'

The ball of colour zipped through the city buildings, seeming to fly through the air like some sort of bug. As Manish fell towards the earth, the bug-person caught him with some sort of thin white string-like material and pulled him. Manish was caught and brought safely back to the ground. People stopped going on with their business and stared as the person in the colourful suit brought the boy back to the ground.

He put his hands on Manish's shoulders, 'Are you okay?'

The boy looked at him with glossy eyes, before spotting Parvati and running into her arms, bursting into tears. She held him tight, crying as well. It must've been a scary experience for him: thinking you were going to die and then being saved at the last second. His feelings would be indescribable at this moment.

'Manish...' wailed Parvati into his hair, 'Manish why would you do that?'

But the boy kept on crying, and her shirt was soon wet with his endless tears. Aunties and older women had started to crowd them, groping at Manish to calm him down. But Parvati wouldn't give him to anyone. She held onto his body tightly, making sure no one would be able to grab him and take her brother away from her. The colourful guy walked over to them, tying up his damaru-looking web-slinger.

'S- spiderman?' she stammered, seeing his colourful form through the mist of her eyes.

'Yes. It's me!' he squatted next to them, his long hair bouncing in the slight wind, looking at Manish, 'My guy... are you okay? What happened?'

Manish had his head in his hands, shaking, 'A- ask Parvati...'

Indian Spiderman looked at her, and she could see the concerned expression made by his colourful mask. The way his eye patches narrowed slightly, 'Is it fine if you could tell me?

Parvati wiped her tears with her sleeve, 'He's suicidal.'

'I could tell that.'

'He's been through too much. His parents were very bad to him. We adopted him. He was still in con- contact...' she burst into tears again, holding her brother tighter.

It was evident on Spiderman's face that he hadn't understood a single word she said. But at that moments Parvati couldn't care less if he'd understood or not. Manish was now coughing from crying so much, and she planted hard kisses on his cheek.

'Don't leave me like that, ok?' she muttered.

'No didi... no I won't do that every again, I promise,' cried Manish back, burying his face into her shoulder.

Spiderman stood up and faced the crowd, 'I would like if everyone would, er, leave. I know something scary happened here, but we need to leave these two alone until they sort themselves out. I would really appreciate it if you guys could, er... politely leave.'

The people started to disperse at his word, and the general hubbub began to start up again, as though they had just not seen a boy jump of a building and get saved at the last second. Spiderman walked over to them and sat on his knees.

'Hey, do you want me to help you get to school or something?' he gently asked, over the new sounds of police sirens wailing. Paramedics came and took Manish, loading him up into the ambulance.