True Evil (+ Bonus Section)

I want to thank @elementalist13 for providing part of the inspiration for this week! It's slightly different from @elementalist13's idea but the main idea is the same. Check @elementalist13 out for me!

Agatha pursed her lips as Tedros took her hand in his. The ghostly School Master smirked. He looked barely older than eighteen.

"Sophie - " her voice cracked. Her raven black hair fanned her pale face as she stared at her.

"Agatha," Sophie mimicked. Agatha actually flinched at her once best friend's cutting tone, drawing closer to Tedros. Sophie laughed coldly, but her heart broke as she sensed they were drawing farther apart. Then she shook herself. It wasn't her fault. It was never her fault.

"Don't do this," Agatha begged, ignoring Tedros' warning squeeze. After weeks of agony and indecisiveness, they had finally come together. But the reunion was bitter and dark. "Please, you can still be good - "

"Good? Good?" Sophie lashed. The School Master stood by her side silently, giving her support as she stepped closer. "Good? I'm the one who's Good! You betrayed me, you chose him over me - " her voice cracked and ended in a sob. But instead of falling back, she stood closer, eyes blazing, voice cracking like a whip now. "You're the one who's Evil, Agatha. True Evil comes from the people who are least suspected." She whipped her head towards Tedros, who still had his sword in one hand. "She's even worse than you."

Agatha straightened. "Sophie, I won't allow you to insult him." Her eyes darkened and the shadows under them grew.

For the first time, since he had come to her side, the School Master opened his mouth. And laughed. Ghostly white hair, frigid blue eyes... They stared at the princess and prince with menace and disgust.

"You won't allow her? She can do whatever she wants, and no petty princess can stop her." Agatha swore that Sophie brightened and gave him a shy smile at that. It was that smile that gave Agatha strength.

"I won't allow you. I won't."

Agatha began to shimmer, her whole body glowing with purpose. Gold light bathed her and her prince over and they rose slightly in the air.

"I WON'T."

Agatha threw out her hand and a streak of gold light shot towards the two. The School Master countered quickly, a shield of energy glowing, but the light still shot towards them. He finally pulled Sophie aside at the last minute; the light ricocheted around the clearing before shooting into the sky.

Agatha shook her head at Sophie. "All this time... We tried to prevent it but it's still the same. You're my nemesis, Sophie. There will only be peace when you're gone."

Before, she had still hoped.

Before, she had still wished to find a happy ending with Sophie and Tedros.

Before, she had believed.

But now, after feeling the arrow, and seeing the School Master, and watching Sophie's beautiful face twist in rage...

Agatha and Tedros advanced as one towards the two.

The School Master shook his head. "You see, Sophie?" he asked quietly.

Sophie trembled in emotions she couldn't identify. Agatha's face was lit in purpose and Tedros still shone with gold light.

"Another day, then," she spat.

The School Master sighed to himself. He was hoping that they could have killed the two and gotten it over with... but it seemed that Sophie was holding back.