"I'm going to go take a nap." She announced five minutes later, patting her belly and burping.

I rolled my eyes and she tousled my hair before leaving the kitchen.

Since when does she ruffle my hair?

"You're not pregnant, are you?" was the first thing Jake asked me as soon as Yeji's footsteps faded.

"What?"

"Because you said you can't drink. You never turn down drinks."

"No, but I want Yeji to think I am."

"Why?" He asked, eyes glinting with something evil in them.

"Because I want to play a joke on her."

"Then what are you going to tell him?"

"I don't know if I should tell her it's hers or Justin's."

"I think you should tell her it's Justin's. It'll kill her."

"Do you think she'll be mad when she finds out it's a joke?"

"Definitely. That's one of the reasons you should do this brilliant prank."

"Chaer came up with it."

"I should have known." he said and finished the last fry, before throwing everything in the trash and wiping his hands on his jeans.

"So, what's the plan?" he asked as he offered to walk me to the door (he was by the stairs anyway, but he wanted to look like a gentleman).

"Well, I asked her if she wanted to have dinner with me and she agreed-"

"Wait, you asked her to dinner?"

"Mhm."

"When?"

"Last night, why?"

"And you're going today?"

"That's the plan." I said, unsure.

"Soph called her to ask if she wanted to come over last night and she declined and then she suggested tonight and she said she was busy with a friend."

So she chose me over her girlfriend.
Uh...

I don't care...

It doesn't make me happy...

Nor does it make me giddy inside...

"Well, I'd better get going."

"Yeah, and make sure shave your coochie."

"I went to get a wax with the team yesterday, but seriously, coochie?"

"Yes, or prune your secret garden, but it's not that secret anymore if you know what I mean."

"Stop talking please." I laughed and he pinched my cheek before winking and closing the door once I was out of the house.

I washed my hair and Chaeryeong helped me pick out my outfit for tonight. We decided on a black dress that showed a bit of cleavage, black low shoes and a Korean flag clutch.

I applied a little mascara and red lipstick, but that was it because I didn't want to look like I was trying to impress her.

"You should wear a jacket."

"It's really hot outside though." I said to Chaer as I slipped on my flats.

It was already past seven o'clock, but Yeji never minded being somewhere on time.

"Text me!" Chaeryeong shouted behind me as I walked to the elevator.

I held up my thumbs to let her know I heard her, before turning the corner and pressing the elevator button.