Chapter 7

Long chapter.

"All right, listen up cheerleaders!"

Maddie yelled just as I finished tying my shoes. I stood up, like all the other girls and fixed my uniform. It was strange, being dressed in a cheerleading uniform that consisted of a tight blouse and a mini skirt.

"We have to come up with a new routine until the end of this month, because the semi-finals are coming up and you can be sure our team will qualify. We need a flyer and this cute little frosh is what we need."

"Wh-me?" I asked and everyone was looking at me.

"Yes, you're petite, sexy and dedicated. And very easy to lift."

She came to my side and put an arm around my neck. Turning back to the team.

"This is Ryujin, for those of you who don't know her. She's the captain's cheerleader!"

The girls looked at each other and the boys arched their eyebrows.

She squeezed my shoulder encouragingly.

"Now. I want you to show her basic steering wheel movements. We'll start with the elevator and then try some more. We don't have the gym ready yet, they're renovating the floors, so we'll have to be careful that no one gets hurt."

Oh, great.

"You still think you can do, cute frosh?"

I nodded and she patted my shoulder before walking away.

"Come on then! Let's all warm up!"

We walked out of the locker room and Maddie stopped next to me before we were all in a circle with her in the middle.

The soccer team did warm-ups and was already doing drills. When our warm-ups were over she said.

"Base 1 and 2 come to me. The rest of you practice the scorpion."

She then approached me and I for one, was extremely confused about what she had just said.

"Okay, I see you're green."

"What?"

"Exactly we are twenty-two. Which means five bases, so five flyers. I'm number one, you're number two. That's easy. Now let's show her the elevator. First cradle and then turn."

Three cheerleaders lined up in a triangle around her, before Maddie was lifted by the waist and managed to stand up properly.

"Cradle 2, 1 down." She said and was tossed into the air, before she was caught in mid-air and then dropped to the ground.

She then repeated the motion, but this time, spinning in the air.

"Think you can do it, cute frosh?" She joked and I nodded. "Go on then."

An hour later, she told us that practice was over and she would see us tomorrow. At that moment, the whistle blew signifying that the soccer team had finished their practice as well.

Fifteen minutes later, I was waiting outside the players' locker room. All showered and dressed in clean clothes.

Zayn came out, followed by Jake and it was strange to see Jake in person, as he sometimes appeared on my blog.

"Uh... Yeji's done?"

"She'll be out soon." Zayn said and smiled, the first real smile I got from him.

Two minutes later, Yeji came out of the locker room as she put on a jacket. She smiled when she saw me and I put my hands in my jacket pockets smiling.

We walked in silence to the exit and she finally spoke when we were outside.