Chapter 10

A/N: Ryujin really stressed me out in this chapter.

🖤

It was October 30, which meant that was the day I had to give in on my assignment. And I was screwed because I didn't. However, the song was a hit (we used a song written by Yeji).

It wasn't that I didn't have time or that I was bored. I was too caught between French and the time I had and most of all, I had no idea what to write, because it was just a boring and stupid topic given to me by the teacher to annoy me.

When Mr. Gray entered the lecture hall, everyone was already in their seats, anxiously awaiting Mr. Gray's reaction to my missing assignment (Chaeryeong may or may not have told everyone that I didn't write it).

"You shouldn't even be nervous, he's probably going to flirt with you and get it over with." Yeji said and leaned back in her seat as Mr. Gray drank his last sip of coffee.

"Or he'll take you over his lap and spank you."

Chaeryeong whispered under her breath and I gagged, causing Mr. Gray to look up. Her eyes suddenly filled with recognition and I smiled shyly.

"Em. Ryujin. is your homework ready? Why isn't it on my desk? "

I stood up, fiddling with the hem of my shirt. His eyebrows raised and he walked over to me, his body almost touching my desk.

"Why, Miss Shin?" He asked, placing his hands on my desk, leaning closer. I was fiddling nervously with my fingers at my sides.

"I asked you a question." He said in a low voice that startled and delighted me at the same time.

"You're in her private bubble, sir." Yeji's voice was heard behind me and I bit my lip to hide my smile.

Mr. Grey's eyes landed on my lips, before looking up at me.

"See you after class, Shin. And you, Hwang... watch your mouth."

"Or what, you're going to punish me too?"

"Get out."

"Excuse me?"

"Get out!" Mr. Gray shouted and Yeji stood up and then walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.

The next hour passed with great tension hovering in the room and excruciatingly slow. When everyone left, I approached Mr. Gray's desk, my hands sweating and my heart beating fast.

"Is there a particular reason you didn't do the assignment?"

"Mr. Gray, I'm going to be honest with you. This is a stupid assignment, and it's not like I'm the first one to swear in front of you. And if you don't like me, that's fine. But you don't have to be rude about it, okay? I just-"

My last words died when I saw that I was really close now, our chests almost touching.

"I don't dislike you, Ryujin." He said, and okay, now his hands were on my cheeks, cupping my face. He smelled of manly cologne and his hands were a little rough. "Actually, quite the opposite."

"Why?" was all I could muster to say.

"You're really beautiful and innocent. Not to mention, smart."

I was frozen, not knowing what I should do-should I scream, should I walk away?

He started to lean in and I only realized it when his coffee breath touched my lips, before his lips touched mine.

I didn't respond to the kiss, nor did I pull away. It was gentle, nothing rough or impulsive. When he pulled away, he smiled and I smiled back, not knowing what else to do.