"I don't know what's going to happen, but you have my approval to be here. I can see it in your eyes, that determination and drive for Sally is more than clear. I'd like it if you stayed and I will tell Slender as well." She declares to you.

"Thank you. It means a lot," You tell her.

"Were you military?" Eyeless Jack asks, plopping down beside you.

"No," You tell him. "I just have lot of money."

"You do?" He asks, his voice full of surprise.

"Yeah, I manage financials in a billion dollar healthcare industry that majors in the latest and greatest medical technology. I manage all of the financials." You explain.

"That's a lot of responsibility and trust. Family owned?" He asks.

"Yep," You tell him. "My dad is head of everything."

"So, you never wanted for anything?" He points out.

"Ooh I did!" You laugh. "My father made us earn our way into the company and in life. It was a race between me and my two brothers. We always had to top one another. I found a small business who created a great medical device and it took off. Grew the company to its first billion."

"Impressive. Too bad you can't work anymore," E.J. says, you knowing there's a smirk behind his mask.

"Then so be it. I'm capable of placing it in good hands," You tell him firmly.

"Really? Sally or work? Which do you choose?" He growls, lifting his mask and baring his sharp teeth in a grin. "Choose wisely mom. This could change your life forever."

"I...I-I," You trail off, your heart pounding loud in your chest.

"Justify it. Go on. Tell us why your business meeting was so important?" He hisses. "You want to belong? Show us any reason to like you."

"L-Listen, I know I screwed up by leaving a day early but I had no idea my ex's family would be there! It was just him alone in the house when I dropped her off and he never mentioned a thing. I figured they'd have a quiet weekend and so I left her. I left her and I'm sorry. It's the biggest mistake of my entire life and I deserve to die for it," You growl out in frustration as a broken sob leaves you.

This was beginning to be too much. They don't like you and they're making that perfectly clear despite their kind words. You're not going to last for much longer in here. Ugh, if you could wring your ex-husband's neck right now you would. You'd likely wring your own neck too if you were capable of doing so. Maybe you can just ask Splendor to take you home. You'd write Sally a note.....but would she see that as you leaving her again. You're stuck in an overwhelming swirl of emotions and it almost makes you sick trying to hold them back.

"H-Hey, I'm sorry. I just.....wanted to be sure she means more than work," E.J. suddenly stammers out as you break down, mumbling barely coherent apologies.

"Way to go genius," Clockwork huffs as she gently rubs your back. "Shhhh, it's okay. You're okay. We're all just.....we want to look out for Sally just as much as you do. She's important to us too."

"I probably can't be accepted here being a human but when it is time for me to go I can do it knowing she has such wonderful people taking care of her," You manage to breathe out.

You cover your mouth with one hand as the other clutches your hair. Years of therapy could have never prepared you for a situation like this. Old insecurities, regrets, and self loathing come bursting through a door you thought you had locked away. You barely register Splendor pulling you into his arms and carrying you off. His gentle humming and rocking slowly easing the convulsions of your body until you're doing nothing more than trembling.

"That's it. You're okay," He assures, gently stroking his fingers through your hair. "Don't apologize either. You've been pent up with emotions for a week. Of course you broke down. Slender really is an idiot for throwing you to the wolves like that."

"It really was. Talk about a bloodbath," A voice suddenly laughs, catching your attention. "Well, hello there sexy mama. Offender is the name."

"Sexual Offenderman, not that Offender is much more comforting," Splendor retorts, earning a giggle from you when Offender's cocky grin falls. "You're also in here without permission."

"E.J. was freaking out and told me what happened. Figured I'd come check on things and meet Sally's mom," He replies with a shrug of his shoulders. "You are a looker that's for sure."

"Ignore his mindless flirting. He just wants in your pants. Now, you look absolutely exhausted. Slender and Sally won't be back until morning," Splendor explains gently. "You can have my bed."

"Will you stay?" You ask as you look up at him, uncertainty in your gaze.

"Yes, I can do that," He assures you, motioning Offender out who gives a mock salute and disappears.

"Come on. Let's lay down," Splendor says, carrying you over to the bed and settling you down.

He turns on the heated blanket and tucks you underneath it before climbing in after you and making himself comfortable. He offers his arm out and you accept the invitation, curling up against him with a hand over his chest. Neither of you have much to say and you're fine with that. Especially when the exhaustion from your breakdown fully hits you. It's not long until you fall asleep.