Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I groan at the outfit my mother holds out to me, a pink blouse with a belt that cinches at the waist and a pair of dress pants.
"I'll wear that on ONE condition!" I exclaim in dread, seeing her sceptical look.
"What is the condition?"
"I get to wear my black flats or black ankle boots." I state.
"Now when you mean boots, do you mean the combat pair or the pair I approved of before hand?" She asks and I chuckle.
"The latter. You already know those boots would look good with this outfit anyways as the pants are long." I answer and she smiles with satisfaction. She knows that if I had it my way, I'd wear sweat pants for this tour. With my mother's help, I am ready within minutes. A light dusting of makeup, hair in an elegant bun, and my mother staring proudly at her handiwork done to me.
"I hate pink." I groan out, getting an exasperated sigh as a response.
"Well too bad. You agreed to wear what I pick out for you this trip to keep your façade up." She scolds. Staying quiet, I slip on the luxury boots that mother had gifted me months ago, the Giuseppe Zanotti Juliette boots perfect for walking on the forest grounds and quite comfortable.
"I suggest you don't wear heels mother. The forest will be hard to walk on." I state, noticing the black Luis Vuitton pumps she is wearing. My mother just rolls her eyes, deciding to ignore me and I sigh. When her pumps become stuck in the mud because she did not heed my warning, I will be sure to taunt her in our link.
[Liam and I are coming in.] My father links just before the door to my room opens. I smile, standing to my feet and rushing to my father giving him a hug. Liam eyes me, an amused look on his face as he takes in my appearance and lets out a chuckle.
"I thought you hate pink Bells." He states with a smirk. Glaring at my friend, I elbow him in the stomach and watch as he winces, my father looking on helplessly while my mother sends me a glare.
"Issabella, that is -"
"No way how a Princess should act. I know." I finish her sentence, Liam giving me a smirk as I get scolded. Rolling my eyes, I look to my father who gives me a pointed look and something tells me I am in for a lecture.
"Last night you nearly caused a fire with that lightning strike. Care to explain what happened?" I sigh, walking away from my father to stand by the window. The sky is bright and clear, little soft clouds drifting slowly on the wind. As long as I stay calm, the weather won't change. That is if Damon doesn't start acting like a misogynistic jerk.
"My mate is here. I met him last night." I explain, my parents gasping as my mother bounds over happily, tugging me into her arms as she hugs me tight.
"This is exciting Issabella. You have a mate!" She exclaims, her eyes tearing up. I smile, deciding to keep quiet and not ruin her happy mood.
"Let me guess, he did something to anger you." My father voices out and I nod, giving him an apologetic glance.
"I know I should be keeping my powers under control, but I couldn't handle his attitude." I sigh out, turning to face the window once more. My mother sighs, already knowing something is bothering me but her happy mood continues strong.
"You should tell him who you are!" She states, causing my father and I to both growl.
"No. You know the rules of this pack. I will not allow a man to find out who I am until I know he will not reject me." I nearly yell out, watching my mother flinch when lightning strikes the ground outside once more. Her eyes once full of happiness become hard as she glares at me, giving me a warning growl. Thankfully, my father pulls her into his embrace, soothing her while Liam turns me to face him, his scent of pine and peppermint calming me.
"Deep breaths Bells." Liam whispers, her hands rubbing up and down my arms. I listen to him, closing my eyes as I breath in, hold it for a few seconds, then breath out. After a few deep breaths, I feel my emotions settle and the darkening sky soon becomes clear once more.
"Better?" My friend asks as I open my eyes to see him staring at me. I nod, giving him a small apologetic smile.
"Better." My father lets out a sigh of relief before he lets go of my mother, her gaze still hard as she looks at me one last time before walking away. Feeling defeated, I walk into my fathers open arms and burry my face into his shoulder.
"I know how you feel Bells. We will continue to do things your way so just focus on staying calm." My father comforts me, his hand rubbing my back. I nod, not wanting to speak as I think about the tour. I will be stuck in the presence of my mate as he guides us around his territory, allowing some of use to hunt with his warriors while the rest of us watch on. I want to join the hunt, to show everyone how strong I am but due to my cover story, I will be forced to stay beside my mother as a maid. Pulling away from my father, I give him a nod indicating I am ready and with Liam in tow, we leave my room. Mother is already waiting in the hallway with our entourage, the maids dressed similarly to me. I am happy to see she has switched her pumps out for a pair of stylish boots, the black leather coming to stop just mid calf.
"I took your advice and switched the shoes. I may know fashion, but you my daughter know the forest like the back of your hand." She states, her eyes holding a light praise. A genuine smile grows along my lips as I realize my mother does listen to me. With everyone now gathered, we make our way to the elevator and head down to the main floor. Entering the foyer, the first thing to hit me is the scent of my mate, the sweet smell of chocolate and raspberry something I didn't think I could grow fond of. There with his own pack mates stands Damon Frost, his eyes instantly connecting with mine before he moves his gaze to greet my father.
"Your Majesty, my patrol has informed me that the rout we will be taking is clear. Shall we start our tour?" His deep voice has me shivering for a moment, Liam placing a hand on the small of my back and reminding me in a hushed whisper to stay composed. Nodding, I step behind my mother as Liam stands behind my father, the others a part of our entourage taking their place behind the two of us. Damon's eyes roam over me, a look of longing flashing in the blue depth briefly before disappearing.
"Lead the way Alpha Frost." My father states, a smile on his face. With his permission our group sets off and the only thought running through my mind is that today is going to be a long day.