Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Dear Queen Isabella Nightlock

Thank you for writing to me and bringing to my attention the destruction and danger the Shadows have been bringing to your nation. Unfortunately, this is not the first time I am hearing of a similar incident as many other nations have been dealing with Shadow attacks.

Sadly, some of my people have decided that staying to the Indian Continent after roaming the Earth for over a millennia is not ideal and have gone rogue. Some have joined the Shadows while others have decided to move to neutral land and are living their life free from the Demon Kingdom. I am up to discussing this with you and the other leaders of the world in order to eradicate the Shadows and bring peace to our lives once again.

Thank you for reaching out to me,

Sincerely King Killian Cyprian

P.S. Congratulations on becoming Queen. I am sorry for not attending your Coronation but a gift should be arriving soon.

Staring at my computer screen re-reading the email from Killian Cyprian, I groan in frustration at how large the Shadow situation has become. It seems Canada is not the only one having difficulties with these Rogue Demons. It seems I need to make a conference with the Alphas of Canada to come up with a better plan other than reinstating the Royal Canadian Army again.

Writing back to King Killian, I indicate that I would like to do a video conference with him and the leaders of the other nations so that we can get ahead of the situation we are facing. The Shadows aren't just a Dmon and werewolf problem, but a global problem, one that we need everyone on the same page to handle.

Sending the email, I turn my focus back to the document for the Royal Canadian Army and sigh. The plan was finalized at my meeting today, the document approved by my retainers with the go ahead to send it to the Alphas. Now, I need to include and explanation of the Shadow situation and ask for an update on any and all attacks that have happened since becoming Queen. With a groan, I compose the dreaded email knowing that sending it now is the best course of action. I end the email with a conference meeting for all Alphas and Lunas to attend. If the current Alpha has no Luna, their Beta is more then welcomed to join as well. With emails sent, I lean back in my chair and take a deep breath.

"Excuse me, Your Majesty." A voice calls out from the door way. Taking a deep breath and trying not to growl at the person that has come into my office, I open my eyes to see Lilah Davis staring at me, a look of shyness in her eyes.

"You can call me Bella, Lilah." I state, motioning for her to take a seat while I wonder what could have brought the she-wolf to my office only after an hour of her rejecting our ex-mate.

"Thank you Bella." She sighs, relief deflating her body. I chuckle, deciding to focus on this she-wolf for a moment before returning to work.

"So what brought you here?" I ask, giving the she-wolf my full attention. I watch as she fidgets, a blush on her face as she keeps her gaze on her hands. Deciding not to push her, I lean back and wait patiently for Lilah to feel comfortable. Finally, after a few minutes, Lilah takes a deep breath and sighs.

Lilah rushes to say, her words jumbling over one another. I can see the unease in the way her fingers fidget and I smile, standing from my chair and slowly walking to Lilah's side. I kneel beside her seat, taking her hands in mine and feeling just hour nervous she is.

"Lilah, take a few more deep breaths and calm down. I am not made at you and I do not resent you for mating that idiot." I whisper, hoping to reassure the she-wolf. She closes her eyes, taking a few deep breath and through my fingers gently holding her hands I feel her pulse slow as her nerves melt away.

"I met my mate and he is a Guard in you pack and I would like to transfer here to be with him." She states slowly, her gaze holding mine. I chuckle, patting her hand before I stand, returning to my chair before pulling out a file from the desk.

"As a former Luna you already know that there is paperwork that needs to be filed. Luckily for you, you are considered a Rogue since you denounced Frost Moon as your pack. We should be able to have the initiation ceremony in two weeks on the full moon." I begin to explain, rummaging through the folder and removing certain paper work before handing it to Lilah.

"I know you were a Warrior before being Luna but you can choose a new field here. Go though the list of jobs we are looking for in Nightlock Thorns and let me know within the week what you would like to do. We can get you trained before the initiation ceremony." I continue, enjoying her wide eyed stare as she looks to the folder then to me.

"You...you aren't rejecting me from the pack?" She asks confused, as if my reaction is outside of her expectations.

"No. You found your Soulmate within my pack and I have made it clear to my packmates that their mates will always be welcomed." I reassure the blond she-wolf, pushing the tissue box towards her when I spy tears forming in her eyes.

"Thank you. I promise to be a loyal packmate from now on." Before I can respond, Lilah has bounded our from her chair with a pep to her step. Gone is the fierce she-wolf I saw earlier today when she rejected Damon. Instead, I see a she-wolf full of hope and love as she rushes out of my office, an air of happiness radiating from her. Part of me feels satisfied with having Lilah join, knowing that I have stolen the she-wolf Damon thought was his perfect Luna from his grasps. But another part of me wonders if this will bring trouble between Frost Moon and Nightlock Thorns.

"Stop worrying Bells." Liam calls out as he appears in the door way, his cheek sporting a fresh bruise.

"I am not worrying, but I am wondering how you got that bruise." I deflect, once again standing from my chair and making my way to Liam. Gently I reach out, brushing my fingertips along his injured cheek and frowning when Liam winces.

"Lilah is a strong wolf and a good addition to the pack, and the bruise is from training. I'll be fine baby." He argues back, his eyes softening as he takes my hand in his and places a kiss on my palm. I blush, my gaze unable to break away from his heated look and stand on tip toes to place a kiss on his injured cheek before walking into his embrace and resting my head on his shoulder.

"How did someone managed to bruise you." I wonder out loud, getting a chuckle in response.

"It seems I slipped on a slush puddle from all the snow melting away and it caused one of the new trainees to gain an advantage." Pulling away to look at Liam in shock, I turn my attention to the windows lining my office and rush to the glass, pushing them open. A cooling breeze drifts in through the open windows, the scent of damp earth coming in with it as I confirm what Liam said. As I look outside I watch as Maids and Omegas push slush and water to the side, the snow drifts I had gotten used to now one third of the size they were last night. It seems the never ending winter that I brought six years ago seem to be ending and I could not be happier.

"I think starting tomorrow we should begin sparing with you controlling your powers." Liam's arms wrap around me from behind, his lips pressed to my ear causing me to shiver as I think about his words. I never spared using my powers before. To scared to use them and accidentally injuring those in my vicinity. But if the scene before me is any indication that I am slowly gaining control of the gift I was given, then the next step would be to learning how to use them without harming another person.

"Can it wait until I talk to Moira about safety precautions?" I ask, too in awe at the small patches of grass I see poking through the thinnest layers of snow.

"Sure. Now if you excuse me, I have guard shifts I need to complete. Who know being made captain of the guards would cause me to be so busy." Liam agrees, gently turning me away from the window to place a not so chaste kiss on my lips before leaving me to my own work.

With a silly grin on my face, I return to my desk and bring up reports that were sent in from smaller packs today. As happy as I am about the upcoming spring weather and a new pack member, I need to return my focus to the Shadows that pose a threat to my people and the rest of the world.