First week of hogwarts

Start from the beginning

 The class everyone had been looking forward to was Defense Against the Dark Arts, but Quirrell's lessons turned out to be a bit of a joke. His classroom smelled strongly of garlic, which everyone said was to ward off a vampire he'd met in Romania and was afraid would be coming back to get him one of these days. His turban with a funny garlic smell, he told them, had been given to him by an African prince as a thank-you for getting rid of a troublesome zombie, but no one believed him.  Percy almost took over the whole classes of the upper years most of the time and was quite good. Some students could believe the way she teaches is like she had gone through it all. She even gave simple muggle fighting styles they can use. 

"When you lose your wand, use your fists to get you out of danger fast," She said as she taught them how to punch fatal points.

🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮

 "What have we got today?" Harry asked Ron as they walked down the hallway to the great hall. "Double Potions with the Slytherins," said Ron. "Snape's Head of Slytherin House. They say he always favours them "   Harry wondered as he headed to the Hufflepuff table then Hedwig came down and dropped a note onto Harry's plate, she had rested after a long trip to the USA to send a letter to the rest of the family, and he wondered why his mom was tossing a coin bag in the air happy when Hedwig came back, which he tore it open at once. 

Dear Harry, I know you get Friday afternoons off, so would you like to come and have a cup of tea with me around three? I want to hear all about your first week. Send us an answer back with Hedwig. Do invite your mum too. I heard her cookies are famous

Hagrid 

Harry responded to the note and sent Hedwig off again before heading to potions hopeful it would be good,  boy he was wrong. Potion lessons took place down in one of the dungeons. It was colder here than up in the main castle and would have been quite creepy enough without the pickled animals floating in glass jars all around the walls. He stood next to Draco who smiled at him and smiled seeing his mother there in a sleeves shirt and pants with gloves on, her wand on her side strap and hair up in a ponytail

Snape started the class by taking the roll call, he paused at Harry's name. "Ah, Yes," he said softly, "Harry Potter. Our new -- celebrity." Draco Malfoy sighed and his 'companions' Crabbe and Goyle sniggered behind their hands as a dark-haired boy named Kris Puecy whispered to them sniggering, Percy glared at them which made them stop laughing. Snape finished calling the names and looked up at the class.

 "You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potionmaking," he began. "As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." 

"Geez Snape, they are kids go easy man," Percy said shocking the kids and Harry smiled knowing his mom would make this class a bit enjoyable not only for him but for everyone. Snape grumbled before turning to Harry

 "Potter!" said Snape suddenly. "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Powdered root of what to an infusion of what? Percy frowned hearing that for she knows it's a fourth-year potion "I don't know, sir," said Harry. 

Snape's lips curled into a sneer. "Tut, tut -- fame isn't everything." He ignored Hermione's hand which was in the air. "Let's try again. Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?" Hermione stretched her hand as high into the air as it would go without her leaving her seat, "Um Stomach of a goat?" Harry said remembering when his uncle Regulus was making a potion "So you did open a book before coming, eh, Potter?"