5*

Your majesty
Kiet...
My son has explained everything to me and I'm sorry an innocent person is suffering for the sake of the monarchy
What? What did Niran do now? I hope he didn't take the blame for something he didn't do..
Err there's no need to come here in person your majesty.
My son told me you gave up your freedom in order to not implicate the monarchy
Well if I didn't do it he certainly would have so yea.. best choice
I would do anything to protect my country your majesty
I would like you to know that you are a hero to me but the people don't have the same views and so...
It's alright your majesty. I understand. The people always come first. Thank you for visiting me your majesty
Then.. I'll take my leave now child
Yes your majesty. Thank you again

*Third person pov*
In 1956 Kiet Chninya was sentenced to life in prison for murder and attempted suicide.
Niran Ratchasakun was crowned King.
They both lived their lives separately and had no contact but their love was still intact.
Niran was broken at the choices his beloved had to make but had to pull himself together for his people and his country.
Kiet spent his years as the peacemaker and psychiatrist in the prison until the year 1973 where he died on the 28th day of December out of depression. He helped many overcome their problems but had no one to help with his.
Despite his offence, he was given a befitting burial. With all his family present. His father did love him. But just didn't know how to show his feelings. His friends never blamed him and wished him peace. Onlookers pitied him and prayed for his soul.
But they was one person who didn't come.Or did he?

It was dark at night when a figure crept out from the shadows looking drained and frail. The  light of the moon accentuated his pale face
"Kiet. I couldn't come when everyone was present. I have to come in hiding. Like a thief. You sacrificed your future and your life to get revenge but I couldn't do anything. I will make it up to you my dearest Kiet. Please, wait for me"

Three days later on the 31st of December 1973, King Niran Ratchasakun was confirmed to be found dead in his chambers. Physicians have claimed he died of natural causes. He had no heir to succeed him so the throne went to the branch family.
These two have a very sad story. Hopefully in another world, in another universe they can be happy.....

This chapter is pretty short. I'm sorry