⁺ ‧₊ 𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐄 ♱˚ ₊

𝐀𝐒 𝐌𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐀𝐒 (Y/N) wanted to punch Vivamus in the face, she wanted to keep a more neutral, if not positive relationship with him.

She never would have imagined that in any parallel universe it would be possible for her to let her guard down the same way she did when Vivamus carried her — and he was a vampire.

Yet a moment, she found a sense of solace.

For a mere fleeting moment, she experienced a modicum of serenity.

It wasn't new, but it was strange for the (h/c) female. Though as soon as (Y/N) realized that someone had gotten past her natural pragmatic reservation, she averted her gaze and ended up assuming and awkward stance. After pondering her forthcoming discourse, she finally felt like there needed to be room for utterance.

Vivamus paused to look back up at her (e/c) eyes, feeling a fair amount of embarrassment, though his gaze was not met.

(Y/N) abruptly cleared her throat, momentarily interrupting any thoughts she believed he might have about her.

However, only managed to speak a fraction of what her mind wanted to say. "We should definitely get moving now..." she mumbled. "Do you... have some sort of plan?"

"Planning's never quite been my thing sugar," the golden-eyed man responded softly.

He had taken note of the (h/c) lady's sudden change in behavior and the lump in her throat when she talked. He couldn't fully comprehend it cordially, but he guessed it had something to do with his species. He didn't like that thought. For a reason he wasn't sure of himself, he wanted (Y/N) to trust him.

He wanted her to like him.

He wanted her to feel as warm as she made him feel.

He wanted to feel her skin against his again.

He wanted her to see him for who he was.

Not as a vampire, or as Necare's relative.

It was a passing thought, but Vivamus might've even killed just for another opportunity to hold her. It sounded like a joke in his head, but subconsciously, he knew he wouldn't mind getting his hands dirty for someone like (Y/N).

When (Y/N) verbalized a plan she quickly created, the golden-eyed man did not focus on her words, but rather, her voice. When her tongue wasn't all sharp and smart, every sound she made was music to his ears.

"...and then we can get out of here. Did you get that, vampire?" she articulated in hushed murmurs. "...Vivamus?"

Vivamus blinked. He refocused on (Y/N), realizing she was waiting for his response. "Yeah, I got it," he replied, trying to hide the slight flush in his cheeks and the fact that he didn't capture a word the female said.

But he forgot that (Y/N) could see through him like glass.

"Hey," the (h/c) woman enunciated, her voice coming off as brusque and incisive once more. "Care to elucidate the wanderings of your thoughts?"

The golden-eyed man hesitated for a moment, clearly unsure of how to respond due to the directness of the female's request. Eventually, he oversimplified and vocalized his thoughts in a single whisper that shattered the very edifice of his self-esteem --

"You."

(Y/N) furrowed her eyebrows and looked behind her, checking to see if someone was behind her for whatever reason, but upon confirming that Vivamus was in fact referring to her, her mind could only think of the least desirable scenarios.

"Me? Are you saying that you were thinking of draining me dry of blood now that the exit to this shithole is right in front of us?" she chided, her eyes narrowing.

"W-What? N-No, no, no!" the man immediately answered with a disheartened groan that followed. He didn't know what would have been worse, (Y/N) figuring out about the sinful thoughts he had about the two, or (Y/N) harboring distrust towards him. He attempted to cover up his slip with a hurried and falsified explanation. "What I meant to say... What I mean is... err... I was just considering the complexities of our situation. Since I look like Necare, I could easily just... leave Sanguinaris if I wanted to. But there's no easy and safe way to get you out, so--"

"I don't have any intentions to leave Sanguinaris yet," the (h/c) woman interjected candidly.

"Y-You don't say? But why?"

"I came here for a singular purpose -- to look for someone.  I don't have an absolute conviction regarding whether or not the individual I seek actually exists, but nevertheless, my resolve remains steadfast in ascertaining the truth," (Y/N) responded stoically.

"I don't mean to... doubt your judgement or anything, but you do realize that the longer you stay here, the more... dangerous it is for you, right?" Vivamus reasoned. "And just think about it, sugar. This person you're looking for might not even be real! Though if they are, wouldn't that mean they're either a vampire or... dead?"

"I am cognizant of the likelihood of that assertion. However... it is imperative that I pursue veracity, irrespective of the odds. The work I do... it is chiefly propelled by my personal passions, not any... monetary aspirations," (Y/N) sighed, softening her gaze on the golden-eyed man.