⁺ ‧₊ 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐃𝐄 ♱˚ ₊

𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 the distressed woman who had collapsed before him with substantial condescension. He was looking down at her like he was mocking her for being debilitated in his presence. But what could the piteous woman do? She was bloodied and beaten, tortured past her breaking point, and incapable of defending herself to prevent her current circumstances.

Her fingers had been crushed with a thumbscrew, her legs had been flayed, and the rest of her form was riddled with scars - all of which occurred in an infelicitous state of consciousness. As the woman lay on the ground, her body trembling with exhaustion and pain, Vincere's cold gaze continued to pierce through her, a sinister smile curling his lips. He revealed in her vulnerability, relishing the same power he always felt whenever he caused his victims anguish.

The blonde woman, broken and battered, could do nothing but bear the weight of his sadistic cruelty. She was trapped in a nightmarish scenario, where her pleas for mercy fell on deaf ears, and her hopes of escape were only delusions she clung onto. She knew - that from the very beginning - she had been playing with fire.

She was Vincere's accomplice and self-proclaimed lover, the woman who helped him become a sergeant to fulfill whatever atrocities he wished to commit under the radar. It was ironic, really, how she somehow ended up on the receiving end of such atrocities. She was always aware of the fact that Vincere would easily discard her once he found her to no longer be of use, but she just hadn't expected it to be so soon.

It made the blonde wonder what she had done wrong.

But did any of Vincere's previous victims wrong him? No. They never did, so they never even remotely deserved the treatment they were given - at least, that would have been the logical reasoning that unfortunately never occurred in his mind. To him, it was like ridding the world of its filth.

So did he consider her to be filth as well? Even if she knew he never bothered to reciprocate her affection, she thought she was a valuable asset to him.

So what went wrong? Had he already rendered her useless?

She did not want to ponder the thought, but it wouldn't get past her.

Perhaps she failed at a task he had given her? That had never happened, and she took great measures to make sure it never would - at least, that was what she told herself.

But the longer she bled, the more she was open to validate such thoughts.

Her last provided objective was to eliminate (Y/N) (L/N), and she was sure that the (h/c) lady would meet her end, especially after all the time she spent meticulously planning said female's death, as well as the money she spent to gather assistance in executing the nefarious plan.

With a shaky breath, one that she was too aware might be her last, her lips parted to utter at least one last word that she hoped would allow her to understand Vincere's resolve.

"Why?" she asked, at a volume almost mute. 'After everything we've been through?' she also thought, albeit without the ability to vocalize the notion.

The man she once had fallen for was still looking down at her, asperity clear as day when he responded, "You failed me, Infirma."

Hearing those words was a nightmare come true for the blonde.

Vincere smiled wickedly as he knelt down to her severely injured form and took hold of her chin, caring it without care. "Though I suppose I am obliged to thank you for the disappointment this time around, because it somehow worked in my favor," he whispered into her ear, temporarily calming her down and giving her a small candlelight of hope.

But then he suddenly reached into her left eye socket and mercilessly ripped her eyeball out, sending the woman into yet another screaming fit.

He got up with a smile still plastered across his face and decided to leave the woman's cell - but not before pressing a button that would release toxic fumes to finally kill off his former assistant.

The man then walked past a set of corridors - each cell containing at least one body, dead or alive. The stench of it all irritated him, but there was something else that tugged at his mind.

He actually did not know what drove him to discard Infirma that way, especially since he knew quite well that (Y/N) would likely doggedly escape any obstacles Necare would throw her way and that he might need further assistance in getting rid of the (h/c) lady.

Perhaps...

It was because of the mere thought of having (Y/N) instead to be the one by his side - to have her under his shackles...

It made him realize that he had never wanted anything more.