The Ties That Bind

Start from the beginning

"A little compulsion helps sped up the research process," Damon said.

"This is her," Bonnie said.

"Yep. Road trip. I call shotgun," Damon said.

"Yea-no," Elena said.

"Want me to hang out in the back with you?" Damon suggested to Elena.

"You're not coming, Damon," Elena said sternly.

"Why? I'm the one who found her," Damon wondered.

"Okay, Damon. Look. Bonnie hasn't seen her mom in over fifteen years. We don't need your snarky commentary narrating the experience," Elena said.

"What's going on with you two?" Bonnie questioned them, noticing the long look they had.

"We kissed. Now it's weird. Have a great trip," Damon said, leaving.

Bonnie looked at Elena, surprised while Elena was at a loss for words.

**************

Theo's Pov:

"When I said I wanted to get out of the house, I didn't think you would take me out of Virginia completely," Jenna said in the passenger seat of my car.

"Well, I figured it was about time you got to meet Diana," I said, pulling up to Diana's house. "Oh, and you might see Mason too."

"What? Why would Mason be here? I thought he went back to Florida," Jenna said.

"Well, Mason's a werewolf, and he had got in a bit of trouble back home, so I sent him off to Diana to keep him safe and help him with his transitions," I explained as we got out the car.

"Ok," Jenna said, taking in the information.

We walked up to the door, and I ranged the doorbell.

"Just a minute," Diana's voice called out from inside.

We waited for a minute before the door was opened by Diana, who had a smile on her face.

"Theo," she said, giving me a hug before facing Jenna. "And you must be Jenna."

"Hi," Jenna said with a smile.

"Come in," Diana said, moving out of the doorway.

We walked in and went to the living room and took a seat on the couch.

"Your home is very beautiful," Jenna said, admiring the interior of the house.

"Thank you," Diana said, walking in and taking a seat on the opposite couch.

"So, what sprung up this visit?" Diana asked.

Before I could say anything, Mason came in.

"Hey Diana, have you seen my keys?" Mason asked until he noticed that Jenna and I were in the room.

"What are you guys doing here?" He asked.

"Just visiting," Jenna said.

"Oh, is everything alright back in Mystic Falls?" He questioned.

"Well...." Jenna trailed off while looking at me.

"It's nothing to concern you," I said.

He nodded and focused back on Diana, who told him his keys were on the hook by the door. He told us bye and he left out the house.

"Now, what were you about to say about this visit?" Diana asked.

"Well, Jenna needed a break from Mystic Falls, and I decided why not let her have some fun with you," I said.