CHAPTER 112

Rod's POV
I am now in the Philippines. Hindi na ako nagpasundo pa kina Mom and Dad dahil ayokong makita nila akong malungkot at kaawaawa ngayon. If there is an exact word to describe me right now, it's a "trash".

Our wedding is cancelled. In other words, wala nang magaganap na kasal coz Lizzy informed the organizers 'bout it and pay all the expenses incurred. Since then kahit anong pagmamakaawa ko kay Kuya Anthony and Tita Maddison, Lizzy never show up. Sinabi na din nila sa akin lahat why Lizzy chose to leave and sacrifice.

I am now in our house (in Manila), pinagmamasdan ang lahat ng mga artworks at masasayang litrato namin. Hours had pass, there's a car stop infront of our house. Halos maiyak ako sa tuwa coz it's Lizzy's car. I'm sure hindi niya alam na nandito ako coz I didn't use my car. Nagpahatid lang ako sa driver namin.

Rod: You came back, love.

I run towards her, hug her tight while my tears continues to fall. She's too stunned to speak at hinayaan niya lang akong yakapin siya. Seconds had pass, I pulled out from the hug and kissed her forehead.

Rod: I know why your doing this, Lizzy. Don't mind them, okay? Come on love, let's get married and be happy. Yun ang usapan natin diba?

While convincing Lizzy to choose me, she failed to control herself not to cry but she wipe it right away.

Rod: Love! Lizzy please, parang-awa mo na.....We deserve to be happy. We don't deserve this, mahal ko. We deserve to end up in each other's arms so please! (Kneel down) Choose me.

Imee: Don't do this, Rod (then help Rod to stand)

Rod: Sabi mo mahal mo ako diba? Then why it's so easy for you to let go? Why are you leaving me again?

Imee: Because it is the right thing to do.

Rod: But I need you (hug Imee)

When I hug her, hindi na din niya napigilang yakapin ako pabalik. We're sobbing right now. After a minute, she wipe away her tears and tapped my shoulder to give me a sign to let go from the hug but I didn't.

Imee: Rod, listen to me, okay?

Rod: No!

Imee: Please love don't make this so hard for me, hmm? Look at me and listen (tapped Rod's back which caused him to pulled out from the hug)

Rod: Lizzy please—

Imee: Alam ko mahirap and it's hard for me too (her voice cracked) Akala mo ba madaling iwan at ipaubaya ka? Hindi! (Shook her head) In my whole life, this is the hardest decision I made.

Rod: You don't have to do this, Lizzy. Napag-usapan na natin 'to diba? I can be a father to —

Imee: The child needs a family.... A complete family at hindi ako ganon kasamang tao para ipagkait sa kanya yun. Naiintindihan mo naman ako diba? You think we can be happy knowing na may nasasaktan naman tayo? No, love. We can't. Hindi na pwede eh.

Rod: Pero hindi ko kayang mawala ka, Lizzy. God! You know I did everything just to have you diba?

Imee: I know. Hindi ko naman nakakalimutan yun eh (then wipe Rod's tears). And I will never forget about it, hmm?

I didn't bother to speak. I just look directly into her eyes. Damn it! I can see how difficult for her to do this but she has to.

Imee: Can you do me a favor?

This time I'm confuse coz when she tell those words, her tears fall again.

Imee: First, kagaya ng sabi ko noon, be a good father to your child, okay? Don't let anyone hurt him. Always protect and love him kagaya ng ginawa mo sa akin.

Rod: Lizzy please

Imee: Second, be a good, loving and faithful h-husband to Steffie, okay? Alagaan mo din siya. Marry her coz that's the start in order to have a so called family. Do this for your child, Rod.

When Lizzy tell those words, my heart break into pieces. Yung paghingi niya ng pabor na maging mabuting asawa kay Steffie really sucks. Because all my life wala akong ibang hinangad kundi makasal sa kanya at bumuo ng pamilya kasama siya.

Imee: And lastly, promise me that you will be happy again, my love.

Rod: You are my happiness, Lizzy. You think I can be happy knowing na wala ka na sa tabi ko at iniwan mo na ako? No!

Imee: Look, you may not see me physically but always remember that whenever you need me, just close your eyes or pwede namang pumunta ka ulit sa province because in that way, you will feel my presence, okay?

Rod: Hindi ko kaya (shook his head and look down for a second so he can wipe his tears)

Imee: Kaya mo (smile but you can see pain while her tears continues to fall)

Rod: I-I can't breathe.

Honestly I felt difficulty everytime I breathe because of the pain I feel right now and after telling those words, Lizzy hug me tight and said, "Come on, take a deep breath 1, 2, 3 and let go (nearly whispered)".

Lizzy repeat those words and after a minute she pulled out from the hug and wiped away my tears again.

Imee: Siguro nga tama ka, maybe next life? Don't worry, ako mismo ang hahanap sayo (smile then cup Rod's face)

Rod: I love you.

Imee: I love you more (nearly whispered)

When Lizzy tell those words, I grab her waist and kiss her for the last time. We even closed our eyes and when she pulled out from the kiss, she immediately went out of our house. Honestly, I feel like my heart is tearing apart while seeing her leave but she's right. She always have a point and because of that mas lalo ko siyang minahal. Honestly, she's the bravest person I know.

__________________________________