"Okay."

I was disappointed, but then I reminded myself that she had a girlfriend (whom she had just cheated on) and that I was supposedly in a relationship too.

"Good night."

"Night. "

I knew she looked at me until I finally entered the building and she couldn't see me anymore.

I showered quickly after returning to my bedroom and crawled under the covers, pulling on my fuzziest socks. I couldn't fall asleep, so I ended up staring at the ceiling for a while, until I heard a knock on the door.

I knew who it was and a smile came across my face. I got out of bed and walked quickly across the floor to the door, opening it to reveal Yeji, who was biting her lip.

"Can I stay here tonight?"

I stepped aside to let her in as an answer to her question. She smiled in relief and went inside.

"What did you do outside for so long?"

"Uh, I was actually halfway back to the fraternity house when I changed my mind."

"So you didn't have a smoke break?"

"Did I smell cigarettes?"

"No."

She took off her jacket and placed it on my chair, before asking if she could use my toothbrush quickly. I nodded and she left the room, only to return two minutes later. I was already under the blanket because my toes were freezing.

"Don't you guys have heat or something?" She asked after taking off her jeans, staying in her tank top and boxers. It was too cold for her to take her shirt off.

"We do, but you actually have to pay for it and we can't afford it right now."

She frowned and looked around the room.

"You should get an apartment."

"I was planning on that right after I bought that new Bentley."

She laughed and put one of her skinny knees on my bed, pushing my thighs together.

"Slide over."

"There are three other beds available in this room."

"Yes, but this one has you."

I smiled and kept shuffling until my back hit the right wall.

She got under the blanket and I instantly felt warmer. She turned on her back and curled up. I looked at her face and knew she was thinking something serious.

"Are you okay?"

"Mhm."

"You're thinking about something."

"No shit."

"I mean something serious." I said and lifted my knees.

"Nothing really. are you wearing socks?

"Yes. It's fucking cold."

"Aren't you too young to swear?"

"No I'm-Forget it, I don't have any."

"You're running out of jokes?" She asked with mock incredulity.

"I'm tired."

"Then good night."

"I can't sleep if you keep talking."

"Sorry."

I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on falling asleep, but I couldn't.