"Never," I said, making him nod.

"Good," he said as he pulled me into a hug.

I hugged him back and relaxed. I meant every word that I said to Damien yesterday. I was done being afraid. What was the worst thing that could happen? My brothers could give me away or they could kill me. My life would be over either way.

"Come on, baby," Alex said as he let me go. "Eli made breakfast."

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Breakfast?" I mumbled as I sat up and looked out the window.

"You've been asleep for a while," Alex said. "We all were."

I threw the blanket off me and stretched. My body hurt a little. It was probably because I was lying down for a long time.

"Come on, baby," Alex rushed me. "I am hungry."

I put the slippers on my feet and stood up. Alex took my hand in his and led me out of the room. I got a bit nervous before we walked into the kitchen.

What would the rest of my brothers say to me? My first encounter with them after I woke up was a bit of a blur. Were they angry? Did they hate me?

I felt my heart race as I walked into the kitchen behind Alex.

"Cutie!" Luke screamed as he jumped from his seat and ran to me.

He wrapped me up in a tight hug and all my worries disappeared.

"Oh, Soph," Luke mumbled as he kissed the top of my head. "I love you. I missed you."

I hugged him back tightly.

I felt a hand on my back and I looked up. Will gave me a small smile as he pulled me from Luke.

"Good morning, Sunshine," he said softly. "Did you sleep well?"

"I did," I mumbled as I rested my head on his chest.

Will placed a kiss on the top of my head. He ran his fingers through my hair and I sighed contently.

They weren't angry.

"Okay, come on, let her eat," I heard Eli's voice.

Will let me go and walked me to the table. Damien was sitting at the table and he was looking at me like he was unsure of what to do now. I felt the same.

"Come on, honey," Eli said as he pulled out a chair for me. "Sit and eat."

I did as he said and he kissed my temple.

"I love you, honey," he said quietly. "Now, eat."

I put a pancake on my plate because that was like the third time he told me to eat. Or maybe even fourth? I wasn't sure really. I just knew that he really wanted me to eat. I wasn't that hungry, but everything Eli made looked and smelled amazing.

Luke sat next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. Eli slapped it away.

"I said to let her eat," Eli said angrily. "You can hug her later."

Luke rolled his eyes. "Is he always this bitchy?"

Damien looked at him and narrowed his eyes slightly. I could tell that he didn't like Luke calling Eli bitchy. My heart raced a little and I had to bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from smiling.

I was a great observer. I had to be. I learned to be. I spent my entire life observing James and Elizabeth and trying to figure out their mods. I had to do it to survive.

I observed Damien and Eli for the past few days and I was sure they liked each other. The way Damien looked at Luke just now confirmed it.

"Yes, he is," Alex mumbled as he sat down next to me. "Eat, baby."

What was it with them and food?

"Don't start, Alexander," Eli mumbled as he walked back toward the stove.

I took the fork in my hand and started eating the pancake. I noticed that everyone else but me had a knife. I didn't say anything. I used my fork to cut my pancake into small pieces.

"Sophia?" Damien's soft voice made me look up at him.

He gave me a small smile and reached out over the table to take my hand in his. My heart skipped a beat. I wasn't sure if he was angry at me when I first sat at the table, but it didn't look like he was angry.

"You said something yesterday and we want to talk to you about it," Damien said, making my heart race.

What did I say?

"I told you to let her eat," Eli said angrily.

"It can't wait, Elijah," Damien said, looking up at him. "She can talk and eat."

I was a bit confused. I couldn't remember what he was talking about. What did I say?

Damien looked back at me and gave me another small smile.

"There is no need to be scared, sweetie," he said. "We are here and we want to listen. We want to help you."

I furrowed my eyebrows.

What the hell did I...

And then I remembered.

Oh, shit.

_____________________________________________

Whose POV of the conversation would you like to read? 😊