11, don't think we're above

When Thomas opened his eyes, his vision was immediately flooded by bright white lights

When Thomas opened his eyes, his vision was immediately flooded by bright white lights. The boy quickly letting his hands move up in front of his eyes, an attempt at shielding himself from the lights. Only once his eyes had finally adjusted to the lights, was when he began to take in his surroundings.

He was sat on a hospital bed, he noted. His feet dangling over the edge, legs not yet long enough to touch the floor.

"Stephen?" Thomas felt himself look up, the name seemingly familiar to him. "Welcome to WCKD." A woman steps forward, her hair is pinned into a bun that looks like it'd give her a headache in a few hours.

"From now on you'll be known as Thomas." Thomas felt himself grimace at the name. "It's for the best." She pats his shoulder as she says so, her hand much larger than his shoulder.

"But-" She cuts him off by a shake off her head and he closes his mouth again, confusion filling the young version of the boy and he feels himself frowning.

The room suddenly changes and Thomas is taller now, larger even. Laughter shakes off the walls as Thomas enters a big open hall, tons and tons of people scattered everywhere as they all sat and ate.

"Tommy!" A familiar voice called out and Thomas turns towards the noise, smiling at the sight of a younger blonde boy who was waving him over to his table.

Thomas quick to walk towards him and he didn't hesitate to take a seat beside the boy, his feet moving before Thomas could really process what he was doing.

At the table he came face to face with a brunette girl who now sat opposite of him. He felt himself flash her an awkward smile, one she was quick to return before turning away from Thomas and continuing with her conversation that she had with the boy beside her. The boy beside her was rolling his eyes at her with an amused smile as she kept on moving her hands as she talked. He had jet black hair which laid flat on his head. Brown eyes slightly darker than the girl before him.

That's when she suddenly spotted someone over the boy's shoulder, and the brunette seemed to light up more than Thomas thought was humanly possible. "Maia!" She called, waving quickly at a dark skinned girl who returned her smile times ten as she sped up at the sight of the brunette waving at her.