07, gut sick

After the meeting Riley had wandered off to her hammock

After the meeting Riley had wandered off to her hammock. The blonde now gone off to search for Chuck who's hammock was right beside hers.

His hammock was by hers because she'd taken a sisterly role towards the boy when he first showed up in the glade.

She helped him deal with both being in the glade, the reality of it and being the youngest one there. When that had once been the cause of all his concerns, she managed to make it all seem less scary.

Therefore him being next to her had brought the boy some comfort when everything else had intimidated him at first. And it had stayed that way ever since.

However the moment she had reached the hammocks, sudden yelling caught her attention and the blonde quickly turned in the direction of the noise.

She didn't have to turn her head much though, because there they were. Almost all the gladers that hadn't been at the meeting, now huddled under the tower, dodging items that were being thrown at them from above.

Confusion flooded her features as she quickly hurried over, narrowly dodging an apple that came flying her way.

"What's happening?" She asked Frypan when she ended up beside the boy, who quickly shielded her with the pan he had held over his own head as protection just a second ago.

The sound of the apple hitting the pan, made her let out a surprised a noise as she stumbled back, giving the boy a thankful smile when she realized he'd made sure it hadn't hit her.

"Leave me alone!" A girl's voice yelled out, continuing to throw stuff down from the tower.

"She woke up?" Riley quickly asked in surprise, Frypan nodding in response as he moved out of the way when another apple came flying down towards them.

Riley had looked at Frypan when she was suddenly pulled back, a warm hand gripping her upper arm while she stumbled backwards.

Riley's wide eyes watching as another apple landed right where she'd been standing just a second ago.

The blonde quick to turn her head, only to find Thomas holding onto her arm. Yet his gaze was turned up towards the tower. Riley breathed out a quiet thank you to the boy, as his hand slowly left her arm again. Him offering her a quick smile whilst monitoring the falling items cautiously.