04, the maze trials

Minho and Riley didn't always get along that well when she first showed up in the maze

The two often butted heads, something they still did from time to time, which wasn't exactly surprising considering how similar the two were. Looking at the other was like looking into a mirror. And mixing that with the pure confusion and fear of being brought into the maze with no memory, well obviously it wasn't a great start.

However with time they quickly learned to get along.

So when he came asking her to run the maze with him and Alby, she agreed. She knew he wanted her to tag along in case something happened as she had been a med-jack at one point.

She knew exactly how his mind worked. The way he planned everything out. She was the obvious choice for a backup plan, having been in the maze before and knowing how to patch up someone when they were hurt. She was pretty much perfect for the task at hand.

So with a simple nod, the blonde grabbed her bag and followed the two into the maze, unknowing of the lingering pair of eyes that lead back to the other side of the glade where a drowsy Thomas sat in his hammock. Watching the group of three enter the maze.

"But why would they go into the maze?" Thomas questioned Newt and Zart the following morning, while Chuck was sat beside him on the tree log they'd found. "I mean, Alby and Riley aren't runners."

"Things are different now. Alby went to retrace Ben's footsteps before sundown." The blonde paused to look at Thomas.

"Are you gonna help?" He signaled to the dead tree they were chopping down.

"So they're gonna go back to where Ben was just stung..." Thomas asked, disbelief written on his face. Ignoring his question.

"Alby knows what they're doing... all right? He knows better than any of us." Newt argued.

"What does that mean?"

"It's like you have heard, yeah? Every month, the Box sends up a new arrival. But someone had to be first, right? Someone had to have spent a whole month in the Glade, alone." Newt straightened his back while he pointed his machete at Thomas.