Percy was surprised but smiled. "Fred, you next," the plump woman said."I'm not Fred, I am," said the boy. "Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother?" Percy chuckled knowing that the boy was lying and that he was not Fred. They reminded her of the Stolls...this will be a fun year

"Sorry, George, dear." "Only joking, I am Fred," said the boy, and off he went. His twin called after him to hurry up, and he must have done so because a second later, he had gone. Now the third brother was walking briskly toward the barrier He was almost there and then, quite suddenly, he wasn't anywhere.

There was nothing else for it."Excuse me," Harry said to the plump woman as they both went to her"Hello, dear," she said. "First time at Hogwarts? Ron's new, too."She pointed at the last and youngest of her sons. He was tall, thin, and gangling, with freckles, big hands and feet, and a long nose.

"Yes, it's me and my mum's first time.," said Harry. "The thing is — the thing is, We don't know how to —" "How to get onto the platform?" she said, and Harry nodded."Not to worry," she said. "All you have to do is walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Don't stop and don't be scared you'll crash into it, that's very important. You best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous. Go on, go now before Ron."

"Okay thank you," said Percy. She pushed the trolley around and stared at the barrier as she made Harry sit on the trunks and hold on tight. It looked very solid but it was definitely an illusion. She started to walk toward it. People jostled him on their way to platforms nine and ten. She walked more quickly and Harry covered his eyes. They were going to smash right into that barrier and then they'd be in trouble — Leaning forward on the cart, Percy broke into a heavy run — the barrier was coming nearer and nearer — Percy wouldn't be able to stop the cart was out of control — he was a foot away — Harry closed his eyes ready for the crash. It didn't come . . . They kept on moving . . . he opened his eyes and gasped. 

A scarlet steam engine was waiting next to a platform packed with people. A sign overhead said Hogwarts Express, eleven o'clock. Harry looked behind them and saw a wrought-iron archway where the barrier had been, with the words Platform Nine and Three-Quarters on it. He looked at his mom and they both smiled as they got onto the station.

Smoke from the engine drifted over the heads of the chattering crowd, while cats of every color wound here and there between their legs. Owls hooted at one another in a disgruntled sort of way over the babble and the scraping of heavy trunks. The first few carriages were already packed with students, some hanging out of the window to talk to their families, some fighting over seats. Percy pushed the cart off the platform in search of an empty seat as Harry walked with her. He passed a round-faced boy who was saying, "Gran, I've lost my toad again."

"Oh, Neville," he heard the old woman sigh. A boy with dreadlocks was surrounded by a small crowd. "Give us a look, Lee, go on." 

The boy lifted the lid of a box in his arms, and the people around him shrieked and yelled as something inside poked out a long, hairy leg. The two pressed on through the crowd until they found an empty compartment near the end of the train. Percy put Hedwig and her trunk inside First as  Harry started to shove and heave his trunk toward the train door to help his mom. He tried to lift the steps but could hardly raise one end and twice he dropped it painfully on his foot. 

"Want a hand?" It was one of the red-haired twins he'd followed through the barrier. "Yes, please," Harry panted. "Oy, Fred! C'mere and help!" With the twins' help, Harry's trunk was lifted and then passed onto percy who tucked it away in a corner of the compartment."Thanks," said Harry, pushing his sweaty hair out of his eyes. Percy smiled and used her hankie to wipe his sweaty face.

"What's that?" said one of the twins suddenly, pointing at Harry's lightning scar."Blimey," said the other twin. "Are you — ?" "He is," said the first twin. "Aren't you?" he added to Harry."What?" said Harry. "Harry Potter," chorused the twins. "Oh, him," said Harry. "I mean, yes, I am. Harry Jackson Potter nice to meet you"

The two boys gawked at him, and Harry felt himself turning red. Then, to his relief, and before percy could speak, a voice came floating in through the train's open door."Fred? George? Are you there?" "Coming, Mom."

With a last look at Harry, the twins hopped off the train. Harry sat down next to the window half hidden as Percy sat next to him, he could watch the red-haired family on the platform and hear what they were saying. Their mother had just taken out her handkerchief. 

"Ron, you've got something on your nose." The youngest boy tried to jerk out of the way, but she grabbed him and began rubbing the end of his nose. "Mom — geroff." He wriggled free. "Aaah, has ickle Ronnie got somefink on his nosie?" said one of the twins. "Shut up," said Ron. "Where's Percy?" said their mother. "He's coming now."

The oldest boy came striding into sight. He had already changed into his billowing black Hogwarts robes, and Harry noticed a shiny red and gold badge on his chest with the letter P on it. He giggles imagining how serious his mom will try to act but fail in five minutes."Can't stay long, Mother," he said. "I'm upfront, the prefects have got two compartments to themselves —" 

"Oh, are you a prefect, Percy?" said one of the twins, with an air of great surprise. "You should have said something, we had no idea.""Hang on, I think I remember him saying something about it," said the other twin."Once —" "Or twice —" "A minute —" "All summer —" "Oh, shut up," said Percy the Prefect. "How come Percy gets new robes, anyway?" said one of the twins. They made percy look at them more carefully. They looked like some were wearing old and secondhand, she wondered about them but decided to figure it out in Hogwarts

"Because he's a prefect," said their mother fondly. "All right, dear, well, have a good term — send me an owl when you get there." She kissed Percy on the cheek and he left. Then she turned to the twins."Now, you two — this year, you behave yourselves. If I get one more owl telling me you've — you've blown up a toilet or —" Percy sighed never tell a prankster what not to do else they will do it.

"Blown up a toilet? We've never blown up a toilet."
"Great idea though, Thanks, Mom."
"It's not funny. And look after Ron."
"Don't worry, ickle Ronniekins is safe with us."
"Shut up," said Ron again. He was almost as tall as the twins already and his nose was still pink where his mother had rubbed it. 

"Hey, Mom, guess what? Guess who we just met on the train?"Harry leaned back quickly so they couldn't see him looking. Percy chuckled and neats his hair "Do you know that black-haired boy who was near us in the station? Know who he is?"
"Who?"
"Harry Potter!"
Persephone heard the little girl's voice."Oh, Mom, can I go on the train and see him, Mom, oh please. . . ." "You've already seen him, Ginny and the poor boy isn't something you goggle at in a zoo. Is he really, Fred? How do you know?"
"Asked him. Saw his scar. It's really there — like lightning."
"Poor dear. He was ever so polite when he asked how to get onto the platform but that woman with him? he said she is his mother. is she related to him? everyone knows Lily Potter is his mother" 

Percy felt Harry hugging her arm more. He looked at her and smiled. Percy smiled and ignored the woman's comment.

"Never mind that do you think he remembers what You-Know-Who looks like?" Their mother suddenly became very stern."I forbid you to ask him, Fred. No, don't you dare? As though he needs reminding of that on his first day at school.""All right, keep your hair on." A whistle sounded."Hurry up!" their mother said, and the three boys clambered onto the train. They leaned out of the window for her to kiss them goodbye, and their younger sister began to cry. 

"Don't, Ginny, we'll send you loads of owls." "We'll send you a Hogwarts toilet seat." "George!" "Only joking, Mom." The train began to move. Harry and Percy saw the boys' mother waving and their sister, half laughing, half crying, running to keep up with the train until it gathered too much speed, then she fell back and waved. Harry watched the girl and her mother disappear as the train rounded the corner. Houses flashed past the window. Harry felt a great leap of excitement. He didn't know what he was going to do but it going to be a great adventure with his mum by his side. The door of the compartment slid open and the youngest redheaded boy came in."Anyone sitting there?" he asked, pointing at the seat opposite Harry.

 "Everywhere else is full."