Chapter 15: Prelude to the Road

Start from the beginning

"If that's the case, then... why am I here?"

Again, he started to take in the night version of the Final World before him and couldn't help but stare at it all in awe. The last time he was here, he didn't exactly have time to admire the sight as he ended up crossing paths with someone.

Someone that... he didn't know a whole lot about but had ended up in quite the confrontation.

Yozora.

Shaking his head from getting onto that train of thought, Sora then decided to see if anything would happen when he summoned his Keyblade. Holding his hand out, the weapon flashed into his hand leading him to start waving it around and seeing if anything would happen. After waiting for a good minute, the blade did nothing leaving him to realize that whatever was going on required him to do a bit of investigating. Hence, he started to walk forward seeing no end to the water or night sky which offered a somber yet peaceful atmosphere even though he was all alone. It was at this point that he started to talk to himself again about all that's happened.

"Right, there's a lot I've got to think about... *sigh* where do I even start?"

Turning his head to look down at the ground, Sora saw his reflection and stared at himself for a good moment before closing his eyes and then opening them. His mind was tossing around thoughts at an incredible speed, and he needed to just calm down.

"What Darkness said... I'm going to need help looking into that problem. Hmm. I think I know just the person to help. Or should I say Moogle to help?"

Bringing his right index finger to scratch the side of his cheek, he started thinking about Academy City in a broader sense.

"That leads to the problem of whatever the Magic Side is up to. Not to mention, the Heartless still wandering around the city. And the chance that there are those on the Dark Side that want to capture them."

He then moved his head to stare out in the distance of the Final World continuing to admire the sight before him.

"Plus, I did manage to put myself at the center of attention with the Behemoth and Mimic. That's going to get people wondering. *sigh* Just thinking about it all is hurting my head..." Sora said while dramatically lifting his hand to massage his head.

However, even if this was a lot of information to take in, there was the undoubted truth of the matter. While he might have a great deal of problems to deal with... he wasn't alone. He had friends in his corner to help him.

"...I'm gonna need some help. I know Moogla said she would help but... I'm going to need to talk to someone on the Magic Side... And I know just who to talk to."

Nodding his head, Sora now had a game plan in mind for what he would need to do along with who could talk to for some help. Everything seemed to be settled.

Suddenly, without any warning whatsoever, a bright flash of light appeared right in front of the boy managing to illuminate the entire area in a yellow color. Additionally, a beam of light shot straight up into the air making it distinctively visible and somewhat... warm. As if it was beckoning him to come closer.

Deciding that he didn't have any real reason to dismiss the idea, the Keyblade wielder took a deep breath before calmly walking toward the light and having to cover his eyes due to how bright it was. Once he was close enough, the teen felt a sense of daring commitment wash over him and slowly brought his hand up to touch the light.

*Woooooosh*

Everything around him immediately went dark leaving him to be covered in darkness and nothing else.