One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore 

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander 

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble 

OTHER EQUIPMENT

wand 

cauldron (pewter, standard size 2) 

set glass or crystal phials

 telescope set

 brass scales 

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad 

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS 

"Can we buy all this in London? must mean we are going to Diagon Alley. I wonder what it looks like" Percy muttered. She then read a letter she got this morning from Dumbledore. She felt faint magic from it so she removed all spells angered he was trying to charm her. But in that letter, she would be the assistant DADA and potions teacher to help students with doubts they face. 'Or if the teacher is useless' she thinks but thank Hecate she is going there. 

She would have not a piece of mind if Harry went there alone. He knows how his parents died when percy told him at 9 years old, he also knows percy hiding something about Dumbledore but he trusts her to believe Dumbledore is not who he seems.

They left the train and station as they arrived at the bustling road lined with shops. Harry held his mom's hand as they weaved through the crowd. They passed bookshops and music stores, hamburger restaurants and cinemas, but nowhere that looked as if it could sell you a magic wand. Harry stops Hagrid standing at a corner looking around and immediately runs to him and hugs him

"Harry! Professor Jackson. You made it" said Hagrid

"Hi, Hagrid and please call me percy. I am not a teacher yet" Percy said smiling. She was dressed in muggle clothes of a sweater, jeans, and a jacket and so was Harry in his hoodie and jeans.

"The Leaky Cauldron. It's a famous place." It was a tiny, grubby-looking pub. If Hagrid hadn't pointed it out, Harry wouldn't have noticed it was there. The people hurrying by didn't glance at it. Their eyes slid from the big bookshop on one side to the record shop on the other as if they couldn't see the Leaky Cauldron at all. 

In fact, Harry had the most peculiar feeling that only he, Percy, and Hagrid could see it. Before he could mention this, he was steered inside. For a famous place, it was very dark and shabby. A few old women were sitting in a corner, drinking tiny glasses of sherry. One of them was smoking a long pipe. A little man in a top hat was talking to the old bartender, who was quite bald and looked like a toothless walnut. The low buzz of chatter stopped when they walked in. Everyone seemed to know Hagrid; they waved and smiled at him, and the bartender reached for a glass, saying, "The usual, Hagrid?" 

"Can't, Tom, I'm on Hogwarts business," said Hagrid, clapping his great hand on Harry's shoulder and making Harry's knees buckle as he held on to percy hand. "Good Lord," said the bartender, peering at Harry, "is this -- can this be --?"

 The Leaky Cauldron had suddenly gone completely still and silent. "Bless my soul," whispered the old bartender, "Harry Potter... what an honor." He hurried out from behind the bar, rushed toward Harry, and seized his hand, tears in his eyes. "Welcome back, Mr. Potter, welcome back." Harry didn't know what to say. Everyone was looking at him.

 The old woman with the pipe was puffing on it without realizing it had gone out. Hagrid was beaming. Then there was a great scraping of chairs and the next moment, Harry found himself shaking hands with everyone in the Leaky Cauldron. "Doris Crockford, Mr. Potter, can't believe I'm meeting you at last." "So proud, Mr. Potter, I'm just so proud." "Always wanted to shake your hand -- I'm all of a flutter." "Delighted, Mr. Potter, just can't tell you, Diggle's the name, Dedalus Diggle."

Percy quickly lifts Harry into her arms. "Okay people back off. He is a kid please don't crowd him. Back off or I will hex you to the next century. you ok baby?"

"I am fine mumma," Harry said holding on tight

A pale young man made his way forward, very nervously. One of his eyes was twitching. "Professor Quirrell!" said Hagrid. "Harry, Professor Quirrell will be one of your teachers at Hogwarts. Your mother will be his assistant in his class " 

"Defense Against the Dark Arts? Nice to meet you sir" Percy shook Quirrell's hand with her free hand and she felt a strange dark tingle. She wants to find out more but now she must be normal for Harry

"N-nice to m-m-meet you too m-mrs J-Jackson. N-not that you n-need it, eh, P-P-Potter?" He laughed nervously. "You'll be g-getting all your equipment, I suppose? I've g-got to p-pick up a new b-book on vampires, m-myself." He looked terrified at the very thought but he then left.

some people tried to go closer to Harry but with one glare from Percy's special mother wolf glare they all went back to work. Tom waved bye to them as they headed to the back

  "Is he always that nervous?" Harry asked Hagrid about Quirrell after percy placed him down.

 "Oh, yeah. Poor bloke. Brilliant mind. He was fine while he was studyin' outta books but then he took a year off to get some firsthand experience.... They say he met vampires in the Black Forest, and there was a nasty bit o' trouble with a hag -- never been the same since. Scared of the students, scared of his own subject now, where's me umbrella?" 

 Hagrid was counting bricks in the wall above the trash can as they watched "Three up... two across he muttered. "Right, stand back" He tapped the wall three times with the point of his umbrella. The brick he had touched quivered -- it wriggled -- in the middle, a small hole appeared -- it grew wider and wider -- a second later they were facing an archway large enough even for Hagrid, an archway onto a cobbled street that twisted and turned out of sight. 

"Welcome," said Hagrid, "to Diagon Alley."