CHAPTER TEN

As the time neared seven thirty am, Benjamin was already awake. He had a hard time sleeping throughout the night, but not due to nightmares or anything of that sort, it was due to pure excitement.

The events of last night was still very fresh in his mind as he glanced around the eligant bedroom. He still could not wrap his mind around the fact that he was in the bedroom of the prince of Solara, laying in his bed.

As Benjamin glanced around, he noticed more intricate details, like the fact that there were golden accents embedded in the rectangular mirror to the right of the bed. For a while, he contemplated if the the gold was real, but he didn't doubt it for long as his eyes traveled to the center of the ceiling where the huge diamond chandler was hanging effortlessly.

If this is made of real diamonds, then the gold in the mirror is definitely real. He thought to himself.

With a heavy sigh, his eyes then travelled to the star of the show. Laying next to him was Prince Vlad Whitlock. His soulmate.

The prince was still asleep with one of his arms draped over Benjamin's torso as he laid on his stomach. Ever so often, Benjamin would literally feel surges of electricity course through his entire body at the point of contact.

The prince of Solara was a very handsome figure with his dark locks, deep blue eyes and a jawline that rival the edge of cliffs. He looked as though he was sculpted by the gods themselves, and everywhere he went he caught the eyes of both men and women alike.

Benjamin's staring was disrupted by two loud bangs on the door. After looking at the door for a few seconds without answering, thinking that it was probably a mistake, he went back to looking at the mutant Prince.

Once again, there were two knocks on the door, but before Benjamin had time to respond, the door opened and someone entered.

"Vlad, honey it's time for us to g-" Queen Violette stopped dead in her tracks at the sight of an unfamiliar figure next to her son on his bed.

Benjamin was now in a seating position with his mouth wide open. He did not know how to react. This was the first time he had seen the Queen of Solara up close.

The queen was also surprised as she stood in the doorway watching Benjamin with curiosity embedded in her features. Her beautiful long black hair was in a low bun. She wore an elegant dress that looked fit for a queen, with a crown adorned with diamonds and other precious gems atop her head. She was truly a sight for sore eyes.

Queen Violette and Benjamin looked at each other for what felt like forever. It was like the two of them was in a never ending staring contest which neither of them wanted the pleasure of losing, even when their once glossy eyes were now as dry as as soil that has not seen rain for decades.

The staring was only over when it actually registered in Benjamin's mind who he was staring at.

"Hi." Benjamin said with a quick wave of his hand, as he tried waking Prince Vlad with his other hand, as the queen took a step into the room.

"Who are you? And what are you doing in here?" She asked, but the question was not mean or harsh, the question was one of pure curiosity.

Queen Violette knew her son very well, and she knew that he was not the kind of person to have someone in his bed. The prince was not very fond of people, especially humans, and just by looking at Benjamin, the queen could tell that he was a human.

She could also tell that Benjamin looked very comfortable next to her son, which was something new. The presence of the prince normally evokes fear or terror within others. Just him being in a room of people would cause everyone to be nervous and on edge, and here was Benjamin looking very comfortable next to his sleeping figure.