CHAPTER ONE

"In other news, His Royal Highness Prince Vlad Whitlock, has finally turned the age of eighteen, meaning that he will soon be searching for his soulma-" Dorothy turned the TV off before the news anchor could continue with what she was about to say.

"Talking about the freaks again?" Her husband asked.

"Yes." She said sighing."I don't know why people think that it's okay for us to be ruled by a bunch of freaks." She continued.

Benjamin rolled his eyes as he was making his way down the stairs. He didn't understand why his parents, and so many other humans hated the royal family. Yes, they were mutants, but they were fair to the humans. They ruled better than humans ever would, and they were just. All humans knew how to do was wage war with each other. The world was much more peaceful with the mutants incharge.

Benjamin sat at the table in the kitchen. "Talking ill about the royal family again? You know, you should really watch how you talk about mutants, don't want the next door neighbours hearing you talk ill about their kind." He taunted his mother.

"I'm not scared of these freaks." His mother huffed.

"Wow, you're not scared of someone who can throw you around like a rag doll? I definitely didn't get my bravery by you." Said Benjamin with amusement.

"Why are you so against mutants being incharge anyways?" Benjamin continued.

"It's not right Benjamin, humans are capable of ruling themselves." Said Dorothy.

"But are they though?" Benjamin questioned."All humans care about is power. I'm sure if they were incharge, a nuclear war would have already broken out. And you speak as if all mutants are the same, my boss is a mutant, and he's one of the nicest people I know."

"That's not true." Dorothy argued. "You're talking like we aren't intelligent beings."

"Trust me mom, most humans I know are definitely not intelligent beings. I know dogs that are smarter than them." Benjamin argued back.

"I don't get you, Ben." His mother sighed in frustration. "Why are you like this? Your father and I raised you better than that. It seems that you can't tell the difference between what's wrong and what's right."

Benjamin sighed. "Mom I think it's you who don't know right from wrong. Why can't you see that the Royal family being mutants is a good thing?"

"Alright, that's enough from you young man. I don't like the way you're speaking to your mother." Said Paul.

Benjamin rolled his eyes. "I'm eighteen years old, dad. I'm allowed to have my own opinions."

Benjamin was tired of his parents telling him what he should do, how he should act, what he should say, what he should think. He was tired of all the what's and how's. He was an adult, and could make his own decisions.

"As long as you're living in my house, under my roof, you have no opinions. Whatever opinions your mother and I have, are going to be your opinions. And right now, our opinion is that we do not want these freaks in charge of us." His father said.

"Well if you think that I'm going to share your opinion by supporting that terrorist group, you're dead wrong."

Without saying another word, Benjamin stood up from where he was seating. He no longer had the appetite to eat breakfast. He grabbed his bag and started making his way to the door.

"Where are you going? You haven't eaten breakfast yet." His mother told him.

Benjamin turned to look at his mother. "I'm going somewhere where my opinions matter."