Chapter 8

I don't own the Vampire Diaries
(Except Cora and the messed up plotline)

___________________________________________________

"Hello?"

Cora gasped as the familiar voice came through the phone,

"Excuse me who is calling?"

She was so shocked that Cora found that she had lost her voice all together,

"May I inform you that if you do not speak I will have to hang up on you."

Gathering all of her courage she replied,

"H-hi"

There was silence on the other end,

"I recognise your voice" they stated, Cora seemed to gain confidence,

"I would hope so, my name is Cora"

"Cora!?"

"Cora Mikaelson, hello brother"

"I think you've made a mistake, that isn't possible, my sister died over-"

"1000 years ago" Cora finished, "No, she didn't , Ayanna sent me here, to the future. Do you not remember what she said?"

"I remember perfectly," the voice on the other end admitted, and Cora could practically hear his smile, "I was just making sure it was really you."

"Oh," Cora murmered, she hadn't really considered that people may have pretended to be her over the many years that her family had been searching for her, "I'm sorry for taking so long to find you."

"You have nothing to apologise for sister, it is our family who should apologise for not finding you sooner"

"You will not be able to guess where I am" Cora giggled, "I'm in Mystic Falls of all places."

"Mystic Falls?"

"Yes, it's in Virginia"

"Oh I know where it is Cora, I was just surprised that's all, I've heard the doppelganger is living there."

"Yes, she's my adoptive sister, and guess which vampires are also here! The Salvatore brothers! I spotted Stefan in school today, and where he goes, Damon follows shortly after."

"Stay away from those two Cora sweetheart, they'll bring you nothing but trouble."

"I know brother, I wasn't planning on befriending them."

"Good, at least you are not following Rebekah's footsteps, she had a fling with Stefan Salvatore in the 1920s Chicago."

"Only Rebekah," Cora laughed, "Where is she now?"

Her brother fell silent for quite awhile,

"I don't know how to tell you Cora"

"Please, don't keep stuff from me, I want to know, is she dead? In trouble?"

"Worse I'm afraid, most of our family are daggered in coffins." He refrained from telling her that he had recently been told that Niklaus had thrown them all into the ocean.

"What!? Who did that!? I'll kill them!"

"No you won't Cora, it was our half-brother, Niklaus."

"No! Nik would never- Wait. Half-brother?"

"Yes, Mikael was not Niklaus' father"

"Oh.. But he's still our brother!"

"Not anymore Cora, I do not think he is able to change, maybe if he sees you. But not right now, not until he has broken his curse."

"Curse?"

"You have a lot to catch up on sister, I will visit you soon"

"Okay," Cora said excitedly, "Bye"

"Goodbye little sister, I love you."

"I love you too Elijah"