-Chapter 8-

Though Y/N would never admit it, U.A's hero course curriculum was rather boring. It consisted of normal core classes such as English, which they had in the mornings.

"Now, which of these four sentences contains a mistake?" Present Mic asked, holding a book in his hand, as the rest of the students just sweatdropped, not knowing the answer. Y/N knew, but she just kept her mouth shut, not bothered to actually answer.

"Hey everybody, look alive! Grammar rules!!" Poor Present Mic tried to keep the lesson as entertaining as possible. Yaoyorozu raised her hand in the air, and Y/N was more than grateful she didn't have to answer.

"Yaoyorozu, lay it on us!" Present Mic spoke, rather glad that at least someone wasn't completely bored.

After English, Y/N and the rest of Class 1-A had Math. The lesson was rather boring, but after it was done, it was finally Y/N's favorite part of the day: lunch. They ate in the cafeteria, where they could buy delicious food at a reasonable price.

"White rice is the perfect comfort food, isn't it?" The cook hero, Lunch Rush, exclaimed, feeling rather cheerful.

"Mhm, this is super good!" Uraraka replied, melting at the tastiness of the food. Today, Uraraka had invited Y/N to have lunch with Midoriya-Kun and Iida-Kun, to which Y/N gladly accepted. Although she did feel as though she and Hagakure were slowly drifting apart. 'I have to talk to her before class,' Y/N thought, not wanting to lose her best friend. Midoriya-Kun was fanboying over meeting Lunch Rush, while Iida-Kun just glanced at the hero rather awkwardly. They chatted before bidding each other goodbye. Y/N hurriedly looked for her best friend and found her. They began to talk about good nothings, having fun with each other.

And now, this was the most important part of the day: Hero basic training. Y/N was feeling rather excited.

"I am here!" Y/N heard a rather familiar voice. She turned her gaze to the door. "Coming through the door like a hero!" All Might exclaimed, hanging onto the edges of the door. The whole class erupted into awes except for Y/N, who just stared rather blankly. Y/N didn't have a favorite hero, so to speak, although her opinion on All Might was undecided.

"I can't believe it's really All Might," Denki, who was seated in the second row nearest the door, gushed, feeling rather excited and nervous at the same time.

"So, he is a teacher! This year is going to be totally awesome!" Kirishima, who was seated behind Denki, said with his fist clenched in determination.

"Hey, look! Is he wearing his Silver Age costume?" Tsu questioned as All Might made his way to the podium.

"I'm getting goosebumps; it's so retro," Ojiro, who was seated in front of Denki, spoke."Welcome to the most important class at U.A. High. Think of it as Heroing 101," All Might said. Y/N was seated in front of Jirou in the first row. Y/N didn't actually want to sit there; she was just too late to get a better seat.

"Here, you will learn all the basics of being a pro and what it means to fight in the name of good. Let's get into it; today's lesson will pull no punches," he joked, pulling out a card that had the word "BATTLE" written in bold red. Y/N glanced around, and she saw that Bakugo was grinning rather evilly, while Midoriya-Kun was just scared for his life as he sweatdropped. 'So they really are polar opposites.'

"Fight training," Bakugo had this look on his face that told Y/N she should be prepared for anything. "Real combat?" Midoriya-Kun questioned, earning a rather sympathetic glance from Y/N, who felt bad for the boy. 'He can't even control his quirk yet; what is he going to do? Oh well, all's well that ends well,' Y/N stayed as positive as she could.

"But one of the keys to being a hero is.... Looking good!" All Might then pointed at the wall as cases seemed to appear from inside the walls. "These were designed for you based on your quirk registration forms, the requests you sent in before school started." Everyone cheered happily except for Y/N, Todoroki-Kun, and Bakugo. She noticed Midoriya smile as he looked down. "Costumes," he muttered, though both Bakugo and Y/N heard him.

"Get yourselves suited up, then meet me at ground beta." All Might spoke over the still cheering classmates.

"Yes, sir!" Everyone got their cases and headed to the changing rooms. Y/N wanted to make more friends other than Uraraka-San and Toru-Chan. She noticed Jirou and went up to her.

"Kyoko Jirou, right?" Y/N confirmed.

"Yeah, you're Y/N L/N, right?" Jirou also confirmed. The two began chatting, and Y/N couldn't help but feel close to her already. By the end of the conversation, Y/N asked her something.

"Friends?"

"Yeah." And so they both headed to ground beta together as they talked about sweet nothings.

They all began to emerge from the exit with their hero costumes. Y/N glanced around but then stopped as she saw what Yaoyorozu was wearing. 'Isn't that a bit too revealing for a 16-year-old? You know what I'm not even going to judge.'

"They say the clothes make the pros; young ladies and gentlemen, behold, you are the proof. Take this to heart; from now on, you all are pro heroes in training."

"Getting me all riled up; you all look so cool!" All Might complimented. "Now shall we get started, you bunch of newbies."

(939 Words)

---------------

I'm going to stop here before it gets too long. Also Y/N's hero costume can be anything you want it to be since her quirk is more touch and focus based then an actual type of movement or something like that. Though just for references Y/N will be wearing trousers.