Tear us apart

You groan as you rub your head. You were in the same place you were when you blacked out. "Not the most suiting place to pass out." You grumble as you dust yourself off. "W-where am I?" You ask. "Beware..." You hear a voice say. You squint your eyes, but you can't see anything. "Beware!" The voice repeats louder. "Who are you, and where are you!? Show yourself!" You yell. "A Splatfest that comes up will soon end and the world will fall into bits never the same again. There is a way to stop it though it is quite overlooked, you might need a certain duo to explain called Off The Hook." The voice explains. "Why can't you explain it to me?" You ask. "I have no understanding of these festivities of magic, but who ever loses, their lives might become quite tragic." The voice said. "A-are you talking about Callie and Marie? The after math of their splatfest? Psh, yeah right. Shiver is too mature to lose her friends to some...dumb splatfest." You laugh. "You laugh now but just you wait, the ending of this event will be not so great!" The voice calls. "Can you not speak in ryhems for like...one sentence?" You groan. "Beware!" The voice calls, before disappearing. "Beware my ass. I'm not listening to that dingbat." You snarl, as you climb out the hole. Now...to make your way back. But...how would you-. Your thoughts are interrupted by someone running into you. You groan as you rub your head, looking up to see...Marina. "Marina! What are you-" You begin. "Shh! Don't tell Pearlie I was here!" Marina panics as she runs away. That was...weird. But you shake it off.
As you made it back home you saw your mom being interviewed by police. "Did they throw torches ma'am?" The police asks. "Yes sir." Your mother says. You want to ask what's going on, but yoy want to find Shiver more than anything. So you begin walking in the direction of her house.
Once there, you knock. It was strange because Shiver opened up the door immediately. "Y/n! Thank cod you're safe!" Shiver smiles as she hugs you. "I missed you two, Shivs." You smile. "Uh...so...I know you're mom has...uh..." You begin. "We...no longer have to worry about her...for now." Shiver sighs. "What do you mean?" You ask. "Well...my amazing dad, sent her on a quest where she never find anything." Shiver smirked. "Remind me to tell your dad how awesome he is." You laugh. "Totally will...by the way...how's your mom?" Shiver asks, letting you into her house. "I don't know yet. But I'm more worried about your mom being on the-" You begin. But before you could finish, a happy Frye cuts you off. "SHIVIE!!!" Frye screams. "What?" Shiver asks. "S-Splatfest...it's here!" Frye smiles. "That's awesome!" Shiver grins. "Let me see what the theme is! The theme seems to be....oh..." Frye mumbles. "What? What's the problem?" You ask. "Who would be the best leader out of Shivs, me, and Biggie..." Frye whimpers. "Oh...that's...that's pretty divisive." You wince. "Yeah...you sure we should go through with this?" Shiver asks. "I don't really think anything bad will happen." Frye reassures you. "I guess we could go through with it." Shiver smiles. And that when it flashed through you. The voice that said 'Beware'. Was it...possibly warning you about this splatfest? You tried to shake that thought from your head. Though Deep Cut has had there fair share of fights IE Big Betrayal

They still had that kind and sweet side to them, like DayBreaker shows

But...that didn't mean they couldn't break up from this Splatfest decision.

"Well okay then! Let's go!" Frye smiles. "Fine...let's go." Shiver sighs. Shiver walks up to you and plants a gentle kiss on your lips. "Be back soon, babe." Shiver smiles, as she walks away with Frye. You sigh as you continue to think of what the voice said. But you had to brush it off. You shouldn't be taking a random stranger too seriously. "Hey there chump!" You hear Shiver's dad call. You look towards the tall blue man with a smile. "Hey there Mr. Hohojiro!" You smile. "Where's my sharkie? She was supposed to help me with the sharks today." Mr. Hohojiro huffs. "She went to go do a Splatcast for Splatfest." You smile. "Splatfest....a-already?" Mr. Hohojiro asks. "Anniversary of their first splatfest, remember?" You smile. "Oh! Yes!" Mr. Hohojiro smiles. "Oh...I remember when I was sharkie's age. I used to do Splatfests all the time." Mr. Hohojiro laughs. "Y-you did!?" You ask. "Yeah...but then we had a theme where is was me vs my bandmates...and we never spoke ever again after that." Mr. Hohojiro sniffles. "O-oh...I'm sorry." You whimper. "I-it's fine...it was years ago." Mr. Hohojiro sighs. "B-but that's what this Splatfest theme is." You grumble. "Huh?" Mr. Hohojiro asks. "The theme this Splatfest...it's Shiver vs Frye vs Big man." You explain. "Oh no...no-no-no! I've gotta stop them!" Mr. Hohojiro yells. "What do you mean? It's just Splatfest, there's no harm in it." You say. "Listen kid, I know what happens during these kind of Splatfests. Remember when famous Squid Sister, Callie, went missing?" Mr. Hohojiro asks. "Yeah but-" You begin. "Don't you think it's weird that it's weird she went missing right after losing Splatfest?" Mr. Hohojiro asks. You thought about it for a little while. "It is...kinda fishy." You mumble. "Yeah? And what was that last Splatfest theme?" Mr. Hohojiro asks. "Callie vs Marie...o-oh carp." You cuss in realization. "I've gotta stop them!" Mr. Hohojiro yells. "I'm back!" You hear a wavered voice call. "Shiver? That was really fast." You say in suprise. "Yeah...that thing only lasted like 20 minutes...pretty short." Shiver smiles. She looked very...tense. "You...okay?" You ask. "Hm? O-oh, psh, yeah! Totally fine! In fact, dad, wasn't I supposed to help with the sharks today?" Shiver asks. "Y-yeah." Mr. Hohojiro stutters. "Wanna help, y/n?" Shiver asks. "I don't know...you seem off." You say. "I'm fine, really. I just don't really feel like chatting right now." Shiver smiles. "We going yet?" Shiver asks. "Sure...let's get to it." Mr. Hohojiro sighs.
The three of you soon arrive at Shiver's battle arena, where 6 sharks could be seen. "Alright...since Master Mega's the biggiest one, you and y/n work on those. I'll work on the rest." Mr. Hohojiro smiles. "Got it. Okay babe, let's do this." Shiver mumbles. The two of you begin tending to Master Mega, which the shark visibly enjoys. You watch as the octoling brushes the shark. Her facial expression looked a bit sad, yet masked by a stern gaze. You wanted to ask, but you knew she wouldn't like that. "Looking good, buddy." You smile. "What do you think, babe?" You ask. "I-I don't really know...nor do I care." Shiver huffs. "You wanna tell me why you're giving off serious bratty vibes?" You ask. Shiver stares at you in shock...and somewhat of a hurt expression. She quickly drops her brush to the ground and storms out the arena. "Shivs! Wait!" You call. As you run up to the octoling. She quickly runs into a bathroom you didn't know existed, and slammed the door shut. "Shivie?" You ask, as you knock. "Go away!" Shiver yells. "Shiv, I didn't mean to call you a brat...I'm sorry." You sigh. "Go away! Please..." Shiver sniffles. You sigh as you walk away. The guilt in your heart was very heavy. "Is sharky okay?" Mr. Hohojiro asks. "I don't know, she won't let me talk to her." You whimper. "Carp!" Mr. Hohojiro cursed. "What?" You ask. "That's the first sign of a Splafest gone wrong." Mr. Hohojiro trembled.

Sorry this chapter is kinda boring guys. I'll try to make something with a bit more spark next time.
And the new song Daybreaker...is just...too good!🤩