"God, I knew you were weird." Ryder mumbled, her words earning a look of offense from the woman.

Stiles stepped forward, tears brimming his eyes, "Where's my dad?"

"How should I know? Derek, tell me you don't believe this."

Derek looked down at her, "Do you know what happened to Stiles's father?"

Jennifer looked appalled by the question, "No."

"She's lying." Austin said, "Ask her why she almost killed Lydia."

"Lydia Martin? I don't know anything about that." Her voice cracked, eyes wide as she pleaded for the Hale to take her side.

"Seriously, Derek?" Ryder rolled her eyes at her cousins thoughtful look, "Her sex cannot be that good to the point where you believe this shit."

"What do you know?"

"I know that these kids, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story. And one they can't prove, by the way."

"What if we can?" Scott said, pulling a jar from behind his back.

"What is that?" Ms. Blake's jaw clenched.

"My boss told me it's a poison and a cure... which means you can use it... and it can be used against you."

"Mistletoe?"

Scott opened the jar, letting the dust fly in her direction. Jennifer tried her best to block it but that wasn't enough. Ryder didn't understand why she figured raising her hands would keep the mistletoe away from her. That's like swimming in a pool and trying not to get wet.

Jennifer screeched, her face changing from her usual 'sweet' face to one that was bald and covered in scars. Austin stepped back in disgust, taking Ryder with him.

Derek wasted no time in grabbing the woman by her neck, lifting her from the ground.

"Derek, wait, wait! You need me."

"What are you?"

"The only person who can save your sister."

Ryder and Derek shared a look her words, giving each other identical frowns of confusion and anger,

"Call Peter. Call Aaron, Call them!"

Scott looked over at Ryder once he heard her heart jump at Aaron's name coming from Jennifer's mouth. Austin could feel her tense up.

"It's not good. She's in and out of consciousness. She's vomiting up black blood along with one other alarming substance."

"Mistletoe."

"How did you know that?"

Scott narrowed his eyes as he watched the man's grip tighten around her neck, "Derek. Derek, what are you doing?"

"Her life... it's in my hands!"

"Stop. Derek, stop!"

Jennifer gasped, clawing at Derek's hands, "Stilinski, you'll never find him."

"Derek." Scott tried.

"Derek, that's enough!"

Her cousin dropped the woman at the sound of her voice, letting Jennifer collapse to the floor.

"That's right. You need me. All of you."

Ryder stopped herself from making any sly comments about how quickly she went from begging for her life to threatening theirs, instead choosing to grab Austin's hand and directing them out of the loft, pulling out her phone to call and check on Aaron.

•••

Austin and Ryder made it to the hospital a few minutes before the others did, due to leaving a few seconds early and Austin's speeding.

"He's okay." The George teen said, grasping her hand as soon as they got out of the car.

"I know, I know. I just worry."

"Have you called your mom?"

Ryder nodded, "Yeah, she and Josie are on their way."

"She's bringing Josie here?"

"She can't be left by herself, Austin. Thirteen, or not, who's to say Jennifer won't hurt her out of spite Eventually, my slick comments are unfortunately going to lead to one of my family members getting hurt."

"Maybe you shouldn't go around threatening the bad guys then." He tried lighting up her mood, wiping his wet hair off his forehead.

She smiled a bit, shaking her head, "If I knew they were bad guys before hand, I wouldn't threaten them."

"Ryder? You guys here to pick up Cora?"

The couple turn at the sound of Aaron's voice.

"Yeah, and we're here to make sure you don't get attacked."

"Attacked by who?"

"Her." Austin gestured to the woman being dragged in by Derek.

"I'm so confused."

"Mom and Josie are on their way." Ryder informed him, "Where's Cora?"

"In her room with Peter." He spoke with distaste.

The blonde scrunched her brows, "Peter Hale?"

"That's the one. Let's go."

•••

Austin stood in a corner of the elevator with Aaron and Ryder to his sides, the father daughter duo glaring harshly at Jennifer Blake. Stiles had his bat raised, while Scott was to the side with his arms crossed and a pout on his face.

"You don't have to keep me on a leash, Derek. I'm going to help."

"Derek."

The elevator finally dinged, the doors opening slowly. Before Aaron could step out and lead them towards Cora's room, a body came sliding across the floor, looking up at them in panic.

"We got a problem." Peter started,

"Big problem."

A/N: i'm Ryder's #1 supporter.