Adam is quick to respond.

Adam: "The White Fang can persist on words alone. Their loyalty is absolute and any who questions it have already been dealt with."

This makes Hazel raise a brow before asking.

Hazel: "If that's the case, then how Menagerie fell?"

As Adam walk down the hall, he replies back.

Adam: "Menagerie had a rogue element, one we won't suffer in Mistral."

Hazel just watches him leave as Adam ponder to himself, tightening his grip on his weapon.

Adam: ("A rogue element in the form of that delusional deserter and traitorous Faunus ally influencing the people of Menagerie.")

___________________________________________________________________________

(Ruby)

Inside a broken-down bathroom, Roman is splashing his hands in the rundown sink, wiping them free from blood with a towel. He frowns at the sight of it before pondering to himself. 

Roman: ("And here I thought my days of dealing with dead bodies were behind me. Ugh, guess I was wrong.")

This is when Ozpin's disembodied voice chimes in. 

Ozpin: "It's quite the contrary as the bodies only seem to be piling up when Salem is involved."

Roman just snarks at this. 

Roman: "Heh, I'm looking forward to it. Not like I had plans before all of this happen that didn't involve corpses."

Ozpin: "You... never really talk about your plans from before all of this that often. Why is that, Roman?"

Roman pauses for a moment while drying his hands with the towel before replying.

Roman: "Please, it isn't much different than my plans back when we first met in Vale. Me and Neo were going to get out of the 'business entanglement' that Cinder force us into. One last score, set for life, we leave Vale, kidnap-I mean bring Y/N with us, find a tropical paradise, grow old and die."

Ozpin: "Splendid save on the kidnap part..."

Roman: "Tch, shut it."

Ozpin: "Well, I don't believe that for a second."

Roman's eyes twitches in annoyance as he asks.

Roman: "Oh, and why's that?"

Ozpin: "I only ever get put in the mind of people who are very much like me and those who are very much like me always attract trouble. Whether it was intentional or not."

Bitterly laughing at this, Roman then asks.

Roman: "What? You'd never have a peaceful life?"

Ozpin: "At the very least, it is not an uneventful one."

Roman: "Destined to make life difficult... juuust great."

The crime boss picks up a freshly washed ring from another towel on the counter. He examines it before setting it aside and looking at a drenched wallet that has specks of blood on it with a number of metal shards beside it. Roman ruffles through the worn-down wallet before addressing to Ozpin.

Roman: "Alright, what kind of trouble are you used to getting into?"

The headmaster casually answers back.

Ozpin: "Oh, you know, stopping wars, ending racial conflicts, saving the world."

Roman looks deadpan into the bathroom mirror.