The short three-day indoor championship swiftly concluded. While the schedule was brief, many spectators witnessed the progress made by these national team members during their winter training.

The most obvious improvements were seen in Qiu Wen and Li Junhao. Although some had predicted that the two would perform well, no one expected that Qiu Wen, Li Junhao, and Zhang Ziyi would take turns breaking the national indoor 400 meters sprint record that was set just last year.

Although Qiu Wen and Li Junhao didn't make it to the finals in this indoor championship, their outstanding performances in the semifinals were enough to satisfy the spectators and track and field enthusiasts.

In the men's 4x400 meters relay competition at this indoor championship, it was the first time for Zhang Jiale to participate as an alternate athlete for the 4x400 meters men's relay team. Although in the final competition, Su Bai still chose Guo Dun as the main athlete, Zhang Jiale had the opportunity to experience the expectations and support of the audience for their country's athletes on the field.

After the conclusion of the World Indoor Athletics Championships in March, domestic audiences were still relishing the memories of the competition. However, the athletes in the national team's 400-meter event were already scattered by Su Bai, sent to various indoor circuit competitions at home and abroad to find the feeling of competition.

Athletes like Zhang Ziyi, Qiu Wen, and Li Junhao had been participating in various international competitions abroad since last year, while Guo Dun, at the beginning of last year, was still left in China without international schedules.

This year was different. In this year's schedule, both Guo Dun and the newly added Zhang Jiale in the national team were assigned international competitions. However, unlike Zhang Ziyi and others who competed in Europe, Guo Dun and Zhang Jiale's international competitions for 2020 were mainly in Asia, with a small portion in Europe. The selected events were mainly at the Grand Prix level, primarily aimed at gaining international competition experience for Guo Dun and Zhang Jiale.

The most special member in the national team was Zhang Ziyi.

In last year's competitions, Zhang Ziyi's time of 44.81 seconds successfully pushed his world ranking into the top 20 for the year. During the winter training period, Zhang Ziyi received an invitation to the 2020 Diamond League from the World Athletics Federation.

When the national team announced the invited list for the Diamond League this year, Zhang Ziyi's name excited track and field enthusiasts. This was the first Diamond League invitation for the men's 400 meters sprint event sent by the World Athletics Federation to the Chinese national team. In the Asian region, Zhang Ziyi's invitation was highly regarded.

Although mentioning the achievements of the men's 400 meters sprint in China from two or three years ago might seem repetitive, track and field enthusiasts who have been following the journey of the men's 400 meters sprint to its current state over the past few years couldn't help but reminisce about the difficulties at moments like these.

Huang Yilun and his brothers were just like that.

Upon learning that Zhang Ziyi had actually received an invitation to the Diamond League, Huang Yilun's small group quickly became active again.

Horses don't eat grass: 【Brothers, it's a Diamond League invitation! Our 400 meters sprint event has finally reached this day!】

Lao Yong doesn't want to run: 【Oh my, who would've thought? When I saw the invited list today, I thought I was mistaken, but thinking again, it's perfectly reasonable for Zhang Shuai to receive an invitation. After all, he had a time of 44.81 seconds last year. In fact, we should have expected that he would qualify for the Diamond League this year. It's just that we never thought about it before, so we were surprised today.】

After Leaving the Sports Circle, I Became a Cooking God (Completed BL)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें