TWENTY-SEVEN

•••

His girlfriend.

She was his girlfriend.

Naeva could feel her heart pounding harshly inside her chest. If it went on like this any longer she was sure of that heart attack. But she didn't blame her little heart, her face was as red as a tomato for sure.

She was this pretty boy's girlfriend. Her boyfriend was pretty.

" I-I am?" She could barely hear her own voice now.

Kace nodded his head trying hard to surpress his smile. Of course she was his girlfriend, he'd never want to be just friends with her. He'd come to learn that he couldn't stand a day without her by his side.

She was his, and he was all hers, all thanks to her whore of a roomate.

Naeva's excitement slowly died down and a pout formed on her lips.

" What's the matter?" Kace frowned. She was happy a second ago. What could possibly be the reason for her pout?

" Y-You never asked." She stated.

" Never asked what?" He squinted his eyes in confusion.

" You never asked me to be your g-girlfriend. Th-That's not how it works." She explained.

Kace groaned lightly and threw himself onto the bed, though his smile was evident. He perched himself on his elbows and looked at the girl on his laps. She was still frowning, obviously displeased by his reaction.

" Okay, Naeva. Will you be my girlfriend?" He gave in.

Naeva shook her head, folding her arms across her chest.

" I want f-flowers too."

" Seriously?" Kace rolled his eyes with a light chuckle.

" Mhm. That's what Allison's ex-boyfriend did w-when he wanted to propose." She stated.

" What kind of flowers?" Kace sighed.

" Roses... please." Her eyes sparkled with excitement. It was so obvious Kace found it too adorable.

" Okay. When I'm ready." He shrugged.

" C-Can you kneel for me too?" She gasped, bouncing on top of him like before.

" That's it. " He grunted before rolling over so she could fall beside him.

" I told you not to do that." He exhaled.

" Please?" Naeva drawled, still referring to her previous question.

" Who do you think I am?" Kace snorted.

" M-My boyfriend- to-be." She stated, a yawn leaving her lips immediately after. Kace could see she was clearly fighting off sleep. Maybe he should have laid her on the bed earlier.

" Of course. I'll make sure to bring a promise ring or necklace, maybe a little speech too." Kace muttered sarcastically.

" Th-Thank you..." Naeva smiled.

Her eyes dropped slowly and before he knew it, she was fast asleep beside him.

" I was being sarcastic." Kace frowned, but she was too far gone to listen.

" Don't expect anything from me." He warned.

Silence.

" I am not kneeling for you." His eyes widened as the realisatiom dawned on him.

He had just gotten her hopes up for something he didn't mean. Now he had to do it.

Kace groaned loudly at the thought. He couldn't imagine what he was forcing himself to do for someone like Naeva. It didn't make sense to him.

" Maybe if I tell her I was just joking..." He pondered as he pulled out a pen and notepad from his nightstand.

" She's gonna be so disappointed." He groaned again.

Kace sighed in defeat and began scribbling whatever came to mind. Whatever sounded romantic or at least like he'd ever fallen in love before.

He had, but it's been so long that he could barely remember what love felt like. Did he love Naeva? He didn't know for sure. But knew he wanted her with him at all times. He wanted her in his bed, his arms and around him.

If not more, that had to be the closest thing to what he felt a while back. Just for her.

And so like the good slave he was for her, he began scribbling and scribbling, tearing pages and rewriting new ones until he made the perfect one.

Hopefully she wouldn't hate it.

~ 🎗️~

It was 5pm when Naeva left the college library. She had physiology test the next week and she'd been lagging behind badly. The last few weeks with Kace had been great but she'd become a bit distracted.

She couldn't even remember the last topic they treated if it weren't for a kind course mate she had asked earlier. Maybe Kace could help her study more. He seemed to enjoy that.

She would have headed straight to his dorm today but she needed to change first. She took out her keys from her jean pocket, clutching it tightly in her hands as she walked up the stairs.

It has been only a few days since she actually stayed in her dorm yet it felt like forever. What she was supposed to see as a second home was a place with bad memories and worse company.

It was nothing near Kace's room, in size and comfort. But she still felt sad for leaving it behind. She liked it even if it was a little bit.

She approached the room door and found it was already open. She slowed down her pace as she opened the door slightly and peeked in. 

It was always locked. She made sure to lock it whenever she left for class. Had she forgotten?

She opened the door wider and let herself in, frowning when she didn't notice anyone inside.

Naeva dropped her bag on top of her bed and began searching for her fluffy towel. She could have sworn it was beside her bed.

Her movements halted when the bathroom door creaked open, out walking a familiar redhead she hadn't seen in a while.

" A-Allison?"

                               """"""""""""""""