NINE

CLAIMING YOU DON'T SUPPORT THE KILLING OF INNOCENT PEOPLE EVERYWHERE THEN ATTACKING ME FOR SUPPORTING PALESTINE IS JUST CRAAAAZY😂. LIKE...WHY SHOULD THAT BOTHER YOU?

•••

" Dude, it's saturday for goodness sake! The party's gonna be amazing and I want you to tag along." Kace rolled his eyes as he listened to his friend over the phone.

" I'm good." He scoffed, eyeing the pills in his hand.

" Don't be such a downer, Kace. Tyrell was pretty bummed you didn't show up to his party that day." Desmond added.

" Oh? Did Jennifer stand him up again?" He snorted with little humor.

Desmond cackled on the other end.

" Yeah, she only agreed to show up because he promised you would. You should have seen what she wore for you."

Kace grumbled lowly as he listened to his best friend's irritating laughter. Of course those boys used him to get girls. It was one of the many reasons he didn't like going to their parties.

He never had space to even breathe with those girls shoving their chests in his face.

" So are you coming? I'll do your maths homework for a week." Desmond negotiated.

" Thanks, but I think I'll pass on that." Kace chuckled, crushing a tablet between his fingers.

" Oh come on," Desmond groaned.

" I'll... I'll -"

" You'll what?" Kace snorted, throwing three capsules in the trash.

" I'll score you a date! " Desmond promised.

" No thanks. Have fun." He went to hang up.

" Fine then. I'll just take Naeva with me. I'm sure she'll love her first college party." Desmond huffed.

Kace's thumb stopped inches away from the hang up button as his friends words met his ears.

Naeva? At a party?

He could only imagine how uncomfortable she'd feel amidst the sweaty bodies grinding against each other. Those words even didn't sound right together.

" You do know she doesn't exactly fit the party type, right?" Kace quirked a brow.

" Yeah, but It'll be fun for her."

" How do you know she's going to agree?" Kace sighed, washing his hand in the sink.

" No one can refuse me, Kacey. I'll get her to come one way or the other. And you're coming too. It'll be fun, I promise." Desmond said.

" Mhmm. Good luck. Tell me how it goes with her. I want to know how you failed. " Kace heard his best friend laugh mockingly.

" We'll see. Hey Kace?" Desmond's voice became serious all of a sudden.

" Hm?"

" Have you taken your pills this morning?"

Kace glanced at the trash can and bit the inside of his cheek.

" Yeah."

~🎗️~

Naeva stared at herself in the small mirror. Her face had a light layer of foundation and the mascara on her eyelashes made them more shiny and thick. Her lips were coated with blood red lipstick and her cheeks were tinted a light shade of pink.

She looked pretty. The makeup was not much and she was glad Katie had listened to her for once.

When Katie first invited her to the party she had politely declined but then Desmond invited her and even said Kace would be there too.

Naeva wasn't a fan of parties. She had never even been to one. She just knew they were loud, and that alone made her hate them.

She wasn't looking forward to dancing and was definitely not going to drink. She didn't know what she would be doing there but as long as Kace was there, she felt a little bit safe.

She stared at the fitted black dress Katie had borrowed her and smiled at how simple it was. It had spaghetti straps and stopped right above her knees. Of course she was going to wear a jacket on top.

The jacket Kace had kept out for her before she left his room this morning. She had felt so embarrassed about going to his dorm wearing only a tank top and leggings but his little gesture made her heart swell.

If he was going to the party then she wanted him to see her in his jacket. She wanted him to see how pretty she looked and maybe even compliment her.

" Come on, Naeva. We're getting late." She heard Katie call out.

" C-Coming." Naeva replied, throwing the grey jacket over her shoulder and following behind them.

She didn't miss how unhappy Allison was with her presence or how she'd throw her nasty glares when she thought she wasn't looking. It all started this morning when she returned from Kace's room and Naeva was too scared to ask.

Maybe it was best to let it slide.

" I still can't believe you haven't been to a party before," Naeva heard Katie scoff in disbelief.

" You're going to have the time of your life." Katie promised as they walked down the building and into her car.

The loud music could be heard a few feet away as they approached the huge apartment. There were people dancing and mingling outside with drinks in their hands.

None of them seemed familiar to her and that sent an uneasy feeling down her stomach. Katie parked in front of the building and they got out.

" I'm going inside." Allison grumbled, disappearing into the crowd.

" Come on. " Katie led Naeva inside.

It was worse than she could have imagined. The room was dimly lit and smelt heavily of alcohol and sweat. There were girls grinding against boys and roughly kissing in the corner of the room.

The music was so loud she couldn't even hear when Katie yelled something at her. But from the gestures she was making, she could tell that Katie wanted to leave her alone.

" But, I -" Neava couldn't hear a her own voice as she pleaded with Katie.

This wasn't looking so much like a good idea.

Naeva squeezed past the sweaty bodies as she followed Katie behind. She didn't know what to do and her head was beginning to ache. It was almost time for bed and she wished she would just teleport to Kace's room.

It didn't take long for her to get stuck in the crowd. Sticky bodies collided with hers as people pushed and shoved. Naeva felt a masculine hand snake around her waist and for a moment she thought she was safe.

The person behind her leaned impossibly closer, the stench of alcohol mixed with his bad odor as he whispered in her ear.

" You seem a little lonely, beautiful. Maybe I could help you with that."

Naeva's eyes widened with hope and relief and she turned around so she could see the person behind her.

He was tall, buff and had short spiky hair. His eyes were red and he had a mischievous grin spread across his face.

" Yes, please. I'm looking for K-Kace." She stood on the tip of her toes so he could hear her.

The man's grin widened and he nodded his head.

" Well why didn't you say so?" He began dragging her past the crowd.

" I know exactly where Kace is." His strong grip on her tightened as he led her towards a dimly lit hallway.

It was at this moment Naeva realized she had made the worst decision ever.

And it was too late.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Follow _ Vote _Comment