SEVEN

•••

Friday was a hectic day for everyone. The tests weren't easy and the scorching hot sun outside didn't help the case. Everyone had a bottle of water in thier hand and you could tell who was having a hard time with their test due to the sweat dripping down their forehead.

Girls with too much makeup resembled freak accidents and the boys looked like they'd pass out. Kace could swear someone would insane today, because their maths paper wasn't very easy.

He could see eyes on his paper as the lucky ones beside him copied his work. He didn't mind, if they didn't pass then that would make him the center of attention for most teachers.

And he wouldn't want that.

He ran a hand throw his damp hair. Since it was particularly hot today he didn't bother drying his hair at all. He wore a pair of sweats and his white sneakers.

Nothing much.

" Alright students, time's up." The teacher announced.

Kace held back a snort as some of the students dropped their heads on their desks in defeat. They wouldn't pass.

And they knew.

" How was your test, man?" Des grinned, pushing a donut in front of him.

" You know I eat other things, right?" Kace quirked a brow as his friend took a seat beside him.

" Well you aren't supposed to eat greasy and spicy food. It'll damage your stomach. Now if you took your pills regularly like a good patient...." Des trailed off, rolling his hand in the air.

" I'm fine. " Kace scoffed, taking a bite out of the donut.

" Right. You know ulcer kills, and yours isn't exactly mild." Desmond sighed, the concern in his eyes showing.

" I take my pills." Kace shrugged, swallowing his bite.

He knew Desmond cared for him, but he didn't like how he was making it his mission to make sure hes all right. Yes, he was careless and didn't eat like he was supposed to.

But he didn't like being a burden even though Desmond had every right to me worried.

" I'm just worried that you're hurting yourself without reason."

" I'm fine." Kace gritted.

He had stopped starving himself and was learning to have two meals a day. That was progress.

" Okay," Desmond nodded stiffly.

He only wished his best friend would open more about his problem but he knew how stubborn Kace could be.

" I'm fine, Des. The donuts help. " Kace sighed, feeling the guilt of snapping at his friend.

Desmond waved him off and proceeded to chug down his coke.

" So, how was your test? " He changed the subject.

" Do you seriously have to ask?" Kace snorted.

" No, I just want you to ask how mine was." Desmond admitted.

" Of course, how was your test?" Kace chuckled.

" It was not bad. I'm hoping for a C..." Desmond squinted his eyes.

" A C? You're kidding right?" Kace quirked a brow.

" Thankfully, yes. I think I did pretty good. We have English next so sure I'll ace that one." Desmond smiled confidently.

" How so?" Kace teased.

" Because, my friend. I have the best tutor in the school and I have to admit, she's pretty c-"

" Yeah, I get it." Kace cut him off.

" Are you sure? It was hard to tell yesterday when you couldn't take your eyes off of her." Desmond grinned smugly.

" Fuck you."

                                  ~ 🎗️~

Naeva stared at the aisle before her. The item she needed to pick was way up and the thought of reaching for it seemed hopeless. She let out a defeated sigh and pushed the cart towards her roommate.

" Did you get the pretzels?" Allison asked, hanging up her call.

Naeva shook her head in response and pointed to the shelf.

" It's t-too high."

" No, you're just too short. Come on I'll go get it. It's very hot today and I need a cold shower. " Allison scoffed.

Naeva winced at the harsh words and followed Allison behind. They had been shopping for half and hour and all she wanted was to take a shower herself.

She watched as Allison grabbed the huge bag of tiny pretzels and threw it in the cart. They both headed towards the cashier and paid for their shopping.

Of course Allison didn't have much money on her so Naeva was stuck with the bigger half.

" I'll pay you back, I promise." Allison threw her a tight-lipped smile before hailing a cab.

The ride to their dorm was uneventful as Allison kept scrolling through her phone, completely ignoring her presence. The once clear sky was getting dark and cloudy, indicating a mean storm was on the way.

She didn't like the storm very much.

" Come on, Naeva. Hand me the bags." She heard Allison groaned.

Naeva got out of the cab and handed her the two bags beside her. She took the big bag of pretzels, wrapping her arms around it as she  began the walk to their dorm.

Once they were inside, Naeva pinned her hair in a messy bun and took off her shirt, leaving her in a yellow tank top and her soft leggings. She buried her face in her bed and groaned softly as Allison kept squealing to her friend on the phone.

Hopefully she would be asleep by the time Katie came over.

A few minutes was all it took for her to fall asleep, but her nap was soon interrupted by a loud booming sound coming from outside. Naeva hastily got out of bed, her eyes glancing through the window to see that the campus was very dark and angry clouds covered the sky.

A yelp escaped her lips as another loud bang nearly deafened her. This wasn't good.

Her eyes scanned the room in search for her roommate but she was alone in the nearly pitch black room. The rain began pouring and the thunders became worse.

Naeva blindly reached under her bed, grabbing her bag and searching it's content. She sighed in relief when her fingers touched the item she was looking for.

Pebbles, her tiny stuffed bear sat in her small hands pressed harshly against her chest. He was an accessory on a pretty bag her aunt had gotten her but she soon became attached to it. Now it was the only thing stopping her from tearing up because of the loud storm.

Naeva forced herself back to bed but the sleep in her eyes was gone. She wasn't really one who feared the weather. In fact, she loved the rain but this one was just different. It was like the lightning would strike the roof of her dorm any minute!

She willed herself to stay put, whispered words of safety and reassurance to her little pebbles.  This isn't how she planned on spending her friday. She was supposed to show Kace her test results after shopping, then go to bed.

Kace...

She was supposed to see Kace.

An image of his handsome face flashed in her mind and that was all she needed to muster up some courage and race towards his dorm.

She needed him.

                  ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Follow _Vote_Comment