TWENTY

FREE PALESTINE, CONGO, AFGHANISTAN, SYRIA, NIGERIA, SUDAN, LEBANON, IRAQ, YEMEN, KURDISTAN, SOMALIA, AND SOUTH AFRICA.

FREE US ALL!!!

•••

Naeva's eyes tore open and a hiss left her lips as they struggled to adjust to the light above her. She perched herself on her elbows and scanned her surroundings. She wasn't at all familiar with her surroundings and the fact her were bandages on the corner of her mouth and her eyebrows confused her even more.

She was laying on an unbelievably soft, massive bed and the room she was in looked like something straight out of a modern castle. Even the marble floor looked expensive.

Where was she?

The huge wooden door across her creaked opened and Desmond walked in with a tray of food. She didn't know what time it was since the thick curtains shielded the sun's rays, leaving the chandelier above her head the only source of light.

Desmond walked over to her and dropped the tray of waffles and chicken beside him. His brows were knitted together as he pushed the tray over to her.

Naeva picked up the tray gently and gulped down the glass of orange juice to quench her thirst. She slowly began eating, aware of her friend's stern gaze on her. She didn't like it.

" I'm going to ask you only once, Naeva." He said, finally breaking the silence.

" Y-Yes?" Naeva peeked at him from underneath her lashes.

" Who hurt you? Why is your left cheek swollen and the corner of your mouth purple?" His muscles tensed with each words.

Naeva gulped her mouthful of food nervously and bit lower lip out of habit. She quickly released it at the stinging pain which was followed by a little blood. She gently grazed her tongue over her cut and let out a deep breath.

What would he do about it? Would he beat them you too? A boy wasn't supposed to hit a girl...he couldn't.

" I'm waiting for an answer, N. I already know what happened , but I wish to hear everything from you." He crossed his arms.

Naeva's brows furrowed at this. He already knew? How? Did someone tell him? If yes, then why couldn't that person help her when she needed it?

Maybe it was one of the girls who lied to him....

" Naeva please..." Desmond's voice was desperate.

" I need to know before I do something stupid. You wouldn't want others being blamed for something they didn't, would you?" He frowned.

Naeva fiddled with her fingers and shook her head vigorously.

" Good. Now tell me who hurt you. I promise I won't mention your name. I'm going to hurt them or anything." He smiled reassuringly.

Naeva lowered her head, lifting a waffle to her lips and taking a small bite. He wasn't going to hurt them or mention her name. Perhaps she could tell him. Besides, he was her friend.

" They were m-many. I didn't know most of them." She began, flashes of last night filling her mind.

" I only remember one person." Her grip on the waffle tightened slightly.

" Who?" Desmond tilted his head to the side with eagerness.

" J-Jennifer." She inhaled deeply.

She'd didn't want to speak about Allison just yet. She still refused to believe that her roommate would something like that to her. They weren't exactly friends. But they never had bad blood. They helped each other, lived in peace and everything was...fine.

Desmond sat straighter. He immediately knew who Jennifer was but he didn't know why she would want to hurt her. His eyes widened upon realized and he immediately felt sympathy for his friend.

" They hurt you because of Kace, didn't they?" He sighed deeply.

Naeva turned her head to the side, her eyes stinging with tears.

" H-How is he? " She felt the lump in her throat begin to hurt.

" He's fine, N. He's doing...well." Desmond bit the inside of his cheek nervously.

He didn't know how to tell Naeva about Kace's parents' harsh decision. He wasn't aware of how they slept on the same bed for nearly two weeks but he knew they were closer than they let on.

He didn't want to be the one to crush her.

Naeva's eyes lit up a bit even though she was still very sad. She knew she had to keep her distance from now on. No matter how much she wanted to be in his arms she knew her life could be in danger.

So many people were violently against the both of them and even Kace didn't seem to want her anymore. There was no point in being so ecstatic. She was happy he was fine, but that was all.

She wouldn't be seeing him anymore.

" W-Who told you about what happened?" She tried changing the subject.

" That's doesn't matter. I took care of it already. Now that you told me what you know I'm sure I did the right thing." Desmond grinned proudly.

" I-I'd like to know. Please." She said, leaning against one of the numerous fluffy white pillows behind her.

She never knew Desmond came from a wealthy family. Then again she never really asked.

Desmond's arms fell to his sides as be let out a long breath. He pursed his lips as he contemplated on whether or not to tell her whom he saw spying on them in the hallway.

What if she decided to meet up with that person and ask questions? He'd have to deal with that too. But it was hard to say no to those big bambi eyes. They were impossible to refuse.

She had already been hurt so many times in just two days and he didn't want to refuse the one thing she asks him. It was her right to know too.

" Please t-tell me, Des. I want to know." There was that soft pleading time he could never say no to.

He ran a hand through his hair and rolled his eyes playfully.

" Okay, fine. Just promise not to do any dangerous like meeting that person or anything." He told her.

" Okay." Naeva promised.

" Luke Riley. Sound familiar?"

                           """"""""""""""""""""""

Follow, Vote, Comment