Runway

Tzuyu's pov.

"I don't care about any of you girls ulterior motives for not being here on time. This job is no joke you understand that??" Miss Jackson said in her firm voice, raspy from her addiction to cigarettes, that I would develop later as I grew older.

She was a harsh woman ,strict and straightforward, but I knew that she cared about us.
She wanted us girls to be different from the others, she wanted us to have discipline, and she succeeded in that.

My career as a model depends on her mostly.
If not for her training me and pushing me hard untill I got 'to the height you belong to' as she often told me ,I would probably still patrol the piers of the Bronx. But I was lucky and I was aware of it.

I had something those others didn't. I was and I am special.
I never once compared myself to the others ,I knew who I was and what I had to do. I knew I didn't belong in a small apartment working my ass off at a 9 to 5 job for a few dollars.

I aspired for more.
I knew my worth when people weren't giving me any.
I knew that where I deserve to be is at the top, surrounded with finery, luxury ,money and fame.

And here I was now.

"Where the fuck is Dahyun?" I asked, taking a look around the changing room as one of the staff was fixing the wings I was going to wear in 15 minutes down the runway in front of millions of people.

"She said she'll be right back with your neck piece." A girl said and I took a deep breath trying to calm down.

"Tell her to HURRY UP. I'm opening this damn show in 15 minutes ,if Dahyun doesn't fucking hurry up-" I didn't manage to finish my sentence as the brunette ran into the room with a bedazzled choker in her hand, matching the pristine white lingerie I was wearing and the wings.

"I'm so sorry miss Chou!" She stammered an apology as she fixed the jewelry around my neck before I put on my heels and walked out of the room and into the backstage.

"God Tzuyu you gave me a heart attack! I thought you ditched us."

"Have I ever did that before Andreea?" I asked the red haired woman as she fixed the wings if one of the other models before looking at me.

"Of course not! But a little change was made, you'll be opening the show with Shin Yuna." She said and at first I bursted out laughing.

This must be some kind of joke.

"Pardon? I believe I haven't heard you right, darling speak up." If this was indeed a joke it wasn't funny.

"No ,you heard me right, it was a last minute decision that was communicated to me , I was surprised too but we can't go against Louisa." She said before I heard the beat drop, sign that it was time to go on the podium.
The mention of that name made my skin crawl.

"C'mon Tzuyu go!" Andreea said and I took a deep breath as I picked aside all the pure rage I felt at the moment before walking up the stairs and fixing my gaze ahead of me as I walked down the runway as best as I always did.

No flaws, always perfect.

It was my brand.

I basked in the attention the public gave me, they were either watching me with admiration, hatred , or hunger.

Many say that in the modelling world it's the clothes that you sell, but what they didn't know is that the one wearing them down this path is the one that's being desired.

As I made my way back to the backstage my eyes met hers and for a moment I froze before I regained my composure and madey way down the stairs towards the huge changing room where Dahyun was waiting as other staff members were busy styling other girls.

"Chou Tzuyu, my diamond .." her voice was hoarse, just as I remembered it as she opened her arms and walked closer to me.

"How beautiful you've grown."

I wanted to cry. I couldn't cry that would give her too much satisfaction.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of meeting you here?" I asked as Dahyun took the wings off my back off and the choker around my neck as Two other girls were circling around me , quickly changing my outfit.

Her eyes ranked over my body as a smirk displayed on her lips.
It disgusted me.

"You haven't changed one bit." Louisa said as she walked closer once they changed the white outfit I was wearing to a black one, golden details adoring the chest piece.
"Still as narcissistic and pathetic as you were the day I met you."

"And you're still a sad old woman taking advantage of young talents to bring some form of entertainment in your pathetic life that's slowly slipping away with every step you take." I said , my eyes caught a glimpse of Dahyun covering her mouth in shock as she looked at me through the mirror.

"Ah, you still have a smart mouth." Louisa said as she walked behind me and held my waist, her green eyes looking into mine through the mirror.

"Tzuyu, you're up next!" I heard Andreea's voice call for me before she walked into the room, her eyes widening upon seeing her boss here.

"A-ah! Miss Capria! I wasn't aware you'll be attending this show personally!" She said and Louisa chuckled before pulling away.

"I wanted to see her , this masterpiece in person." She said , throwing me a glance which I pretended not to acknowledge before walking out of the room without saying a word.

Every interaction I had with her left me feeling unclean.

I hated her from the bottom of my heart.

"Go Tzuyu!" A staff member gave me the go sign before I went on the runway once again.

Although I was definitely not on the right state of mind I needed to push that aside as I displayed a teasing smile while walking down the podium and posed.

I was hoping she wouldn't be there, waiting for me when the show ended, but to my exasperation she was.

"Miss Chou, miss Capria said she is waiting in her car, what are you gonna do?" Dahyun asked me and I took a deep breath, trying to find a solution as the short woman zipped up my dress and helped me wear my long coat.

"Call Minatozaki Sana. Tell her I need her to come to my hotel room." I said and Dahyun obliged before I tied my hair up in a bun and put on my shades to cover my eyes as I walked out of the building.

Although it was night paparazzi were all around the place, even tho my cover up wasn't the best and I could easily be recognised, at least they wouldn't see my whole face.

"Miss Chou, miss Capria is waiting." A tall guy said as he stood in front of me.

"Tell her I have no intention in seeing her tonight, or ever for that matter." I said before walking away to exit the building but he held my wrist which made me look back at him.

"I don't think miss Capria would take that information kindly." He said as he let go of my hand.

"Miss Capria has no power over my life. She can try and end my career all she wants, there's plenty of other people that would die to manage me." I said and walked away but he once again stopped me and was about to say something when a hand came in between us , separating him from me.

"Miss Chou has more important things to attend to." Dahyun said as she glared at the man before I walked out of the building with her following me and went straight into my car.