chapter thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
( REGRETS )

"JERE?" rory opened her front door. the fourth of july party was over now. belly had gotten drunk and basically ruined things between shayla and steven, she'd tripped and fell into susannah who broke her mothers cake stand and she just started blurting things out.

"hi rory." the blue eyed boy smiled. it wasn't a full smile it was more of a 'im sick of today' smile. "what's wrong?" the blonde stepped outside putting her arm around his waist as he walked with his arm over her shoulders.

"will you come watch the firework show? no one seems to really want to. my dads left." he looked down at the blonde. "of course i will" she patted his back, walking with him back to the fisher house.

he picked up his small box of fireworks, handing rory the lighter as they walked into the back yard. "a good clear sky for some fireworks, hey." jeremiah turned to rory with a small smile.

the blonde smiled back, picking up the lighter. "is that belly?" Jeres voice suddenly questioned. "hmm?" rory turned to him, following his eyes to where he was looking.

conrad and belly, stood next to each other talking. "i think, she's with conrad." rory looked at him before switching her eyes back to the two of them.

rory and jeremiah stood watching belly and conrad talk to each other, watching as they inched closer and closer. "do something." rory crossed her arms as she stared at them.

conrad wasn't who he had been to her this whole time. he was about to kiss belly, even after everything they had done together and everything he had said to her.

jeremiah took the lighter from her hands, continuing to watch his brother and the girl he loved getting inches apart.

"we'll get what we deserve some day, rore." jere looked at her, lighting the firework. "here's to the best fourth of july." he spoke with sarcasm in his tone as he aimed the firework just a little left of the two by the water.

rory felt heartbroken. she had only just began to understand conrad's love for her and she was starting to feel her love growing for him.

but this changed it all.

not only was her relationship with conrad slowly becoming ruined so was their life long friendship. belly was no good for rory either anymore. she had lied to her, she told her she didn't like conrad anymore. but all along she was jealous and just wanted him for herself, no matter what rory got out of it.

tears flooded her vision as she watched the colourful explosion pass the other two teens, splitting them apart.

"come on" jere spoke quietly, turning away and walking into the house. a small tear fell from rory's eye as she turned and followed the fisher boy.