chapter nine

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE.
( 'I CANT GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD' )

"YOU'RE EIGHTEEN IN TWO WEEKS!" belly gasped. "i know, i know." rory giggled, "but for now we're focusing on your birthday. youre sixteen bellyyy for gods sake!"

the girl smiled as susannah looked at the two families around her. "shall we open gifts?"

the fishers, conklins and ambroses all piled into the living room.

belly sat on the armchair, laurel and susannah sat on one of the smaller couches, patrick, finn and scott piled onto another couch, conrad sat on the other armchair with rory sat on the arm while jeremiah and steven both sat against the coffee table.

laurel handed her gift over first before belly opened it, revealing a book. "it's a first edition. i got it from a rare book dealer." Laurel spoke proudly.

"thanks mom."

they all noticed her unsatisfied face, "turn to the bookmarked page." laurel smiled. belly did as told, opening the book up. "it's your favourite poem." the dark haired woman told the blonde woman.

"oh yeah i remember susannah and amelia teaching us to recite this." she smiled, "for whatever we lose, like a you or a me, it's always ourselves we find in the sea." everyone joined in with belly as she read it.

"thank you, i love it."

susannah gifted belly a pearl necklace that matched the bracelet rory was wearing. "my mom gave me these pearls, for my sweet sixteen. rory has the matching bracelet which she got on her sixteenth." Susannah smiled at both girls, "for my special girls."

jeremiah went next, gifting her a small key charm that fit on her bracelet that jere said was a good luck charm to pass her driving test.

scott and finny went next, finny her a small wrapped square. belly opened it to see two gift cards inside. "from both of us and naomi, two $100 gift cards for whatever store you wanna use them in." both of the blonde boys smiled.

"thanks guys."

patrick handed her a small bag which she opened up to see a bag of candy and a card. "it's candy from europe, i know how much of a sweet tooth you are."

then steven went next, handing her bag as she pulled out a princeton sweater. he told her it was so when he got his own when he got in she wouldn't steal it.

"okay okay my turn!" rory got up handing belly a sort of big bag. belly's face lit up as she pulled out four different types of clothes and a new pair of shoes. belly thanked her with a huge smile. "give it to her, con." rory whispered to the boy sat below her.